Potentiometers who makes the best?

TroubledTreble

Senior member
Messages
830
CTS are nice. I like the way they feel over others. A very subjective question, but I believe quite a few people would agree.
 

dbw

Senior member
Messages
4,531
The only brands I can think of are CTS and Alpha.  They both work.  :dontknow:

If you want to pay big money for EXTRA nice pots, contact Dirk at singlecoil.com.
 

tfarny

Senior member
Messages
4,481
cts I guess, but I like the normal-sized cts ones that guitarelectronics.com sells, better than the warmoth long-shaft ones.
1. smaller = easier to work with in a crowded strat
2. easier to solder the backs
 
R

RLW

Guest
And I keep wondering when someone is going to update the 1920's design of pots, and give us some lugs to solder to instead of the same old greazy, flat backs.

So...

THERE!

DAMN, that felt good.
 

jackthehack

Senior member
Messages
5,630
tfarny said:
cts I guess, but I like the normal-sized cts ones that guitarelectronics.com sells, better than the warmoth long-shaft ones.
1. smaller = easier to work with in a crowded strat
2. easier to solder the backs

While you can use the long shafts on a top route, the normal shafts WON'T work on most rear routed bodies...
 

ZGOZZ

Senior member
Messages
632
jackthehack said:
tfarny said:
cts I guess, but I like the normal-sized cts ones that guitarelectronics.com sells, better than the warmoth long-shaft ones.
1. smaller = easier to work with in a crowded strat
2. easier to solder the backs

While you can use the long shafts on a top route, the normal shafts WON'T work on most rear routed bodies...
Really so you need the long shafts
 

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
:eek: :eek: :eek: $50 for a pot? i have seen some vintage pots that sell for like $500 but thats a different thing entirely.
what exactly does this pot do that a regular old CTS doesnt... for $50 it better last forever.
 

ZGOZZ

Senior member
Messages
632
line6man said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: $50 for a pot? i have seen some vintage pots that sell for like $500 but thats a different thing entirely.
what exactly does this pot do that a regular old CTS doesnt... for $50 it better last forever.

plus 1 :headbang1:
 

Tonar8352

Senior member
Messages
2,195
Get the RS Guitarworks 280K Volume Pot and the 250K Tone Pots for single coil pickups. They work great and have an excellent taper.  I have also used the Lindy Fralin Blender pot if I want more tonal options on a strat.

I did not like the RS Guitarworks capacitor and pulled it out.  To me the cap is very important and affects the tone of the pickup a lot.  I always try to find a vintage cap if I can but if the correct one is not available or I don’t want to spend  $450.00 on one I’ll use a Lux Capacitor. 
 

DocNrock

Senior member
Messages
4,295
Top