Posting pic's here using Photobucket

Updown

Since there is nothing about posting pic's in the 'Help' or 'General guidelines' section here at UW.
:icon_scratch:  (Didn't know where to put it, so thought in 'Tips and Tricks' would be OK)

I thought I'd do this post for those that don't know or are new here …… on 'how to post pic's here using Photobucket'.
This can also be a post that you can direct newbies or others to.
That are having trouble posting correct size pic's, to show how it's done. (since no stickies seem to happen around here)
(without explaining over and over and over again) on how it's done ...  :doh:
There are other web hosting sites, which are similar too.

OK ….
First, take pictures of your guitar / bass / instrument (but you probably knew that already).  :laughing7:
To post pic's direct into your post, they need to be uploaded to the web 1st.
A lot of members here use  http://photobucket.com/
Once you get a FREE account or a paid account ……  'just upload your photos'

:sign13:  Go into your album of choice and you'll see a bunch of links / codes under your thumbnail pic's.
The ONLY one you're looking for (to put that pic direct into your post) is a "IMG Code" followed by a link (see pic below).

b48329ce.jpg

:sign13:  All you do is click on this and you'll see a little box that says "Copied" (see pic below).

e97be00a.jpg

:sign13:  Now go back to your post and in your message, just hit "Paste" wherever you want your photo to appear (like this)...

1870edaa.jpg

That's it !!  :icon_thumright:
If you want your pic's to have a slight gap between them, just leave a gap between pasted codes / pic's.

Can check your post and pic's before you post it, to check you got the right pic's in order etc etc etc.
Hope this helps some and saves headaches for others.  :icon_biggrin:
Now you all know how it's done  ……. lets see them lovely Warmoth guitars properly.  :party07:    :guitarplayer2:

Cheers  ... Updown  :blob7:

Got to say good on ya Updown this should be a stiky, YOU sure helped me I could not have done pics if you didn't chime in a BIG THANKS to you. :hello2:

Good idea. Much simpler to paste the link to this the next time the question inevitably comes up again.

Back