Polling the forum: Selling 9 warmoth LP's

Orpheo

Dear good folk of the Warmoth forum,

I used to be so busy here, buying guitars, working on them etc. But now I have my own company and now I can build exactly what I want and what I want is well... something totally different now :)

By request, I will add the neck profiles, scales and fret sizes!

I have NINE warmoth LP's for sale. I'll post pics later but I want to probe how you guys feel about it.

1: trans blue, flamed maple on mahogany, with a 3 piece zebrano neck with bloodwood strings, ebony board and zebrano trapezoid inlay. standard thin profile, jumbo frets, 25.5'' scale if I recall correctly (I'll check and correct later if necessary). $595

2: trans green, quilt maple on mahogany/cream binding with cocobolo neck, RW board. trapezoid inlay. $595 standard thin profile, medium frets, 24.75'' scale.

3: Fireburst on quilt maple on mahogany/cream binding, with padouk neck, ebony board. $595. dot inlay. standard thin profile, jumbo frets, 24.75" scale.

4: tobaccoburst on flamed maple on mahogany with handmade faux binding (silly job!), wenge neck, ebony board: $495. dot inlay. standard thin profile, jumbo frets, 24.75" scale.

5: lightburst on flamed maple on mahogany '1959 style' nitro, with 3 piece mahogany neck, RW board. cream binding all over, with trapezoid inlay. relic'd. $695. 59 style neck, medium jumbo frets (6505?), 24.75" conversion scale.

6: Burned Amber on quilt maple on mahogany, cream binding, wenge neck, ebony board, trapezoid inlay. $695. Standard thin profile, jumbo frets, 25.5''.

7: Cherryburst on flamed maple on mahogany, clearcoat faux binding, wenge neck. trapezoid inlay. $695. standard thin profile, jumbo frets, 25.5'' scale.

8: tobaccoburst on black korina top on black korina back, with RW neck and RW board.$495. standard thin profile, medium frets, 24.75'' scale.

9. Maple top, mahogany back; all black with faux clearcoat binding (did that myself, crappy job: refected in pricing). mahogany neck, ebony board, trapezoid pearloid inlay. $495. 59 profile, medium jumbo frets, 24.75'' scale.

These are WITHOUT hardware, WITHOUT electronics, WITHOUT pickups.

I'll post pics later. Of course, these prices don't include shipping :)

Pricing in USD = EUR. The exchange rate is negligible nowadays, so there you have it :)

These are the prices I'll use as my reserve on ebay when I'll put all of these online somewhere in the weekend. But: there will be a forum price for y'all: 100$/EUR discount on each.

As far as I see it, I'm selling the bodies, which are nowadays a rarity, and the necks are just there for the ride. I'm sorry but I really will take off the hardware. For 400-600 bucks a body plus a 'gratuity' neck, I'm guessing that's not much of a stretch?

Dear good folk of the Warmoth forum,

I used to be so busy here, buying guitars, working on them etc. But now I have my own company and now I can build exactly what I want and what I want is well... something totally different now :)

I have EIGHT warmoth LP's for sale. I'll post pics later but I want to probe how you guys feel about it.

1: trans blue, flamed maple on mahogany, with a 3 piece zebrano neck with bloodwood strings, ebony board and zebrano trapezoid inlay. $595

2: trans green, quilt maple on mahogany/cream binding with cocobolo neck, RW board. trapezoid inlay. $595

3: Fireburst on quilt maple on mahogany/cream binding, with padouk neck, ebony board. $595. dot inlay.

4: tobaccoburst on flamed maple on mahogany with handmade faux binding (shitty job!), wenge neck, ebony board: $495. dot inlay

5: lightburst on flamed maple on mahogany '1959 style' nitro, with 3 piece mahogany neck, RW board. cream binding all over, with trapezoid inlay. relic'd. $695.

6: Burned Amber on quilt maple on mahogany, cream binding, wenge neck, ebony board, trapezoid inlay. $695

7: Cherryburst on flamed maple on mahogany, clearcoat faux binding, wenge neck. trapezoid inlay. $695

8: tobaccoburst on black korina top on black korina back, with RW neck and RW board.$495

These are WITHOUT hardware, WITHOUT electronics, WITHOUT pickups.

I'll post pics later. Of course, these prices don't include shipping :)

Orpheo....As I remember these are all stunning guitars.  However pics would be great and i look forward to them.

Glad to hear the business is doing well.  do you have a link?

I'l post pics whenever I get back from work. i.e.: weekend ;) I just wanted to see if there are guys who might be interested at all. If no one was interested, I wouldn't bother with pics :)

my own bizz is Orpheo Custom Guitars, based in the Netherlands. I'll be back later when the site is online with a few very, very neat and cool products. Can't say too much but let's put it this way: it combines guitars with another one of my major passions ;)

Since Warmoth discontinued the LP body, I would suspect several may be interested.

Oh man, bestill my pocketbook! Even if I can't bring one home, I look very forward to seeing the pictures!

this catches my eye
lightburst on flamed maple on mahogany '1959 style' nitro, with 3 piece mahogany neck, RW board. cream binding all over, with trapezoid inlay. relic'd. $695.

6: Burned Amber on quilt maple on mahogany, cream binding, wenge neck, ebony board, trapezoid inlay. $69

Do you have any prices in Euros ?

Also neck profile and fret specs might be useful to add.

#8 sounds very interesting... More neck details and some photos would be greatly appreciated.

I kinda thought so, too. If memory serves, he's got about 8 million of them. Sooner or later, you gotta kick some outa the nest.

I am very excited about this. I remember these all being absolutely gorgeous!

#8 sounds exactly like my cup of tea.

Quite a nice horde of Lesters Orpheo has collected  :headbang1:

Orpheo%20001_zpsy9qm46ge.png

Orpheo%20002_zpscg9nbzzn.png

Orpheo%20003_zpsjhgjklej.png

Orpheo%20004_zpse5hr6tbf.png

:rock-on:

Mayfly said:
I knew this day would come!!!

yeah man, it's hard but for the best. I'm building my own les pauls now, to my specs, from scratch and I just prefer my own guitars now. I've build approx. 50 guitars by myself (without using prefeb bodies or necks!) and I kinda like the feel of my own work. Like eating a home-baked apple pie vs store bought. Nothing wrong with the latter, the former just has a slight edge. imho.

Cagey said:
I kinda thought so, too. If memory serves, he's got about 8 million of them. Sooner or later, you gotta kick some outa the nest.

not really ;) I've got 20 or so warmoth LP's and approximately 15 others (made by myself or other customshops). I just want to give these guitars a decent home where the new owner will appreciate and play the guitar.

Orpheo%20001_zpsy9qm46ge.png

numbers 2, 3 and 5 counted from the left from this pic are on sale

Orpheo%20002_zpscg9nbzzn.png

number 2 and number 3, counted from the left in this pic, are on sale.

Orpheo%20003_zpsjhgjklej.png

the black one isn't here nor the burned amber. oddly enough.

You really will have to wait till saturday cause when I get home from work it's already dark outside: so no decent pics, but this will get the juices flowing :)

second from the right is on sale.

Did you ever get those Crimsons turned into playable guitars? I remember that was quite the debacle...

Not to take away from this sale thread, I just loved looking at your old build threads.

rapfohl09 said:
Did you ever get those Crimsons turned into playable guitars? I remember that was quite the debacle...

Not to take away from this sale thread, I just loved looking at your old build threads.

Hey, good question :)

I got them playable, but they were.... finicky. The necks have a backbow, even after all these years, one that I can't get out. Unfortunately, I don't like the guitars. Not anymore. They bring back too many bad memories. I've fallen unto hard times (5 years ago, to the date!) and those guitars are somewhat of a reminder at how bad it all was. But don't feel sorry (if you were inclined to :D ) cause I've got a gorgeous woman now by my side, I'm building my own guitars and I can make a great living by working with/on guitars. I won't ditch the guitars, don't get me wrong, but yeah... nah. not a good feeling with them :)

If you like seeing updates, I don't mind putting progress pics of my work online? new thread every once in a while?

Orpheo said:
rapfohl09 said:

Hey, good question :)

I got them playable, but they were.... finicky. The necks have a backbow, even after all these years, one that I can't get out. Unfortunately, I don't like the guitars. Not anymore. They bring back too many bad memories. I've fallen unto hard times (5 years ago, to the date!) and those guitars are somewhat of a reminder at how bad it all was. But don't feel sorry (if you were inclined to :D ) cause I've got a gorgeous woman now by my side, I'm building my own guitars and I can make a great living by working with/on guitars. I won't ditch the guitars, don't get me wrong, but yeah... nah. not a good feeling with them :)

If you like seeing updates, I don't mind putting progress pics of my work online? new thread every once in a while?

That is great to hear man! I'm glad you are back around, I'll definitely be tuning into your website, let us know when it is up!

Back