Pickup selector question...someting WRONG

dmraco

Master Member
I just finished what I though was a simple wiring job. 2 P90s with a three way toggle and single volume. For some reason my bridge pickup is not working when selected. I also hear nothing in the middle position. Neck pickup is working fine with no issues when selecting it by itself.

Any thought on what would knocking out both the middle position (both pick ups on) and Bridge position? This is what I did except I substituted P90s

Attachments

• volume.jpg
    volume.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 4
I just finished what I though was a simple wiring job. 2 P90s with a three way toggle and single volume. For some reason my bridge pickup is not working when selected. I also hear nothing in the middle position. Neck pickup is working fine with no issues when selecting it by itself.

Any thought on what would knocking out both the middle position (both pick ups on) and Bridge position? This is what I did except I substituted P90s
on the three way could there be a stray bit of wire or solder inadvertently contacting more than one terminal or something?

You were correct. I had a stray piece of wire touching the ground on the toggle. My 55 year old eyes did not see it. I really need to get some cheater glasses for when I do wiring.

Another rant...why braided wire? Come on...solid core is where its at!✌️

It has been a while since I have posted the forum as I have mostly been doing scratch builds. I knew I would find the answer here.

Back