washed blue.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 118
  • jungle burst.png
    jungle burst.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 112
  • copperhead.png
    copperhead.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 119
Personally I'm not a fan of jungle burst. Seeing as it looks like you're using gold hardware, I think that would look better on the copperhead than on washed blue  :icon_thumright:

I like the blue one, but it needs chrome hardware IMO.  If the hardware has to be gold, I'd probably choose the Copperhead.

JohnnyHardtail said:
I like the blue one, but it needs chrome hardware IMO.  If the hardware has to be gold, I'd probably choose the Copperhead.

Exactly

JohnnyHardtail said:

Yes the hardware has to be gold, however my mom and few others prefer the washed blue dye

I prefer the copperhead although if you are asking for feedback I don't think the fretboard inlays really suit the designs.

stratamania said:
I prefer the copperhead although if you are asking for feedback I don't think the fretboard inlays really suit the designs.

What inlays do you suggest though?

thePRSlover said:
stratamania said:

Perhaps dots, blocks or no inlays at all (none of them will look like PRS birds) . But at the end of the day it is your decision just trying to give some food for thought. You may want to consider slightly less bling in the binding and look at ivoroid as an option for example.  The reason I mention these is that it is tempting to spec out a fancy colour, hardware, binding and bling but it often can end up clashing or not working together as well as might have been imagined. So sometimes in this case less perhaps can be more.

Take a look at these images of PRS in copper burst. Mainly when there are really stand out features the rest of the guitar is supportive rather than fighting for the limelight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prs+copperhead+burst

thePRSlover said:
JohnnyHardtail said:

Yes the hardware has to be gold, however my mom and few others prefer the washed blue dye

Oh are they gonna be paying for and playing the guitar too?

poisonally (looney tunes pronunciation of personally) id go with black hw on all of them.

but hey u don't hafta listen to me. i've probably spent more time debating with myself--and others--what the maze in Pac-Man smells like than any human should. (the answer is, of course, sweat and paint thinner)

stratamania said:
thePRSlover said:
stratamania said:

Perhaps dots, blocks or no inlays at all (none of them will look like PRS birds) . But at the end of the day it is your decision just trying to give some food for thought. You may want to consider slightly less bling in the binding and look at ivoroid as an option for example.  The reason I mention these is that it is tempting to spec out a fancy colour, hardware, binding and bling but it often can end up clashing or not working together as well as might have been imagined. So sometimes in this case less perhaps can be more.

Take a look at these images of PRS in copper burst. Mainly when there are really stand out features the rest of the guitar is supportive rather than fighting for the limelight.

actually my inspiration came from a PRS Santana private stock model. (See link)

https://prsguitars.com/privatestock/gallery_guitar/2444_santana_ii

thePRSlover said:
stratamania said:
thePRSlover said:
stratamania said:

actually my inspiration came from a PRS Santana private stock model. (See link)

https://prsguitars.com/privatestock/gallery_guitar/2444_santana_ii

Okay I see...as others and I have said at the end of the day you have to follow what works for you. But do take into account the more features you have potentially grabbing for visual attention it becomes more challenging to make it work together.

Here are some pics of the special finishes for your consideration

Attachments

• special finishes emerald city.jpg
    special finishes emerald city.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Warmoth Special finish 3 fades.jpg
    Warmoth Special finish 3 fades.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Warmoth Special finish 2 fades.jpg
    Warmoth Special finish 2 fades.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 114
Washed Denim and Jungle burst aren't my favorite combos, but it would look awesome in Aquamarine or a green burst.

Based on current survey results as well as past conversations, it is becoming abundantly clear that my aesthetic tastes by far do NOT jive with those of the greater community at large :D

Regardless of what anyone says ... Listen to your mother.      She knows best.

I'm going through a similar thought . I want to do a thinline telecast in blue metal flake with white binding and a white pick card. I was wondering how gold hardware would look .  I love the Santana PRS at first glance but then it seems a little busy to my eye.
I had a custom built thinline by a luthier Canada. It had a quilted maple top sunburst  and a flame maple neck . It was over the top and really not attractive. It sold it easily so it was beautiful to that person.
I'm thinking of the neck I'm going to order and because I'm doing a blue flake metallic I need to keep the neck clean and simple.
Thank you for the pics of the Santana , it's helped me pick my hardware color 👍

Mx481james said:
I want to do a thinline telecast in blue metal flake with white binding and a white pick card. I was wondering how gold hardware would look .

In my mind, it would look rather University of Michigan. :D  If you do go ahead with it and don't end up liking it, that's how you can market it.  I'm willing to bet it'll sell to a Michigan fan in minutes. ;)

Back