Password keeps resetting

No, never happened to me.

Or it may be because you have a lower post count as a precaution against bots.

Last edited:
@Swinguitar Just checked your user account on the admin side and can't see any reason this would be happening.

Could it be a browser issue, as opposed to a forum one?

I'm having the same issue. Just had to reset the password in order to login and reply in this thread.

Perhaps for those having an issue, try clearing your browser cookies for the site. But also post which OS and browser you are using so that if there is a trend it is known.

But so far all I see is a low post count from the two users mentioning the issue.

Most of the time, I’m on iPadOS + safari or Android + Chrome. Just cleaned up browser cache but will report back if the issue happens again.

Make sure your browser isn’t set to Private Browsing, as I inadvertently set mine to that by accident, which forced me to login to each and every site that I had a profile on each time I visited. I googled and found that this was why, and found out how to turn it off and now I’m back to normal on SafarI.

Brave on MacOS.

Not set to private mode.

Literally every time i come in i have to go thru the reset process.

After you reset your password and rummage around the site, then what do you do? How do you return to UW? Bookmark? Manually typing the URL? Do you log out first?

Detail every single step you take, no matter how trivial you might think it is. Since this is more than likely a browser or local-machine issue and we can't see your environment, this is the only effective way to troubleshoot.

Back