Paisley Body Finish

mayfly

Epic Member
I know it's a stretch, but I'd really like to see paisley body finishes.

Sign me up for a pink paisley tele!

no that much of a stretch if warmoth started applying graphics to guitars...

mayfly said:

Here's one on the Bay i found http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-69-RI-Fender-Telecaster-Paisley-Tele-BODY-1969_W0QQitemZ190262917500QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190262917500&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

My dad had one brand new in 69'....traded it for the 74' SG I have now. To this day he kicks himself, but who knew it would be worth anything, at the time he was making out on the deal 30+ years later not so much. NEVER SALE YOUR GEAR!!!!

Ken

Twisted Sister were men in drag posing as musicians :icon_scratch:

I don't think it has to be a girl's guitar, but I wish it didn't seem so damn country! Damn you, Brad Of-the-same-name!

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
nathan a said:
I don't think it has to be a girl's guitar, but I wish it didn't seem so damn country! Damn you, Brad Of-the-same-name!

That was around way before him.  James Burton?

Sure, but to me at least, Brad Paisley made it into an iconic look.

How's this for iconic?

JamesBurton02.jpg

JamesBurton01.jpg

UTSC said:
mayfly said:

Here's one on the Bay i found http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-69-RI-Fender-Telecaster-Paisley-Tele-BODY-1969_W0QQitemZ190262917500QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190262917500&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

You, sir, are a bad influence.  I'm currently the high bidder on this puppy.  No one better snag this one out from under me  :toothy10:

Brad Paisley is an Icon, and James Burton isn't?????????  I really feel the world of music as I know it is coming to an end. 

guitlouie said:
Brad Paisley is an Icon, and James Burton isn't?????????  I really feel the world of music as I know it is coming to an end. 

A buddy of mine once met Elvis.  He said "Hi Elvis.  Where's James?"

Iconic doesn't have to be 'oldest', but that is neither here nor there. ALLLLL I meant was that when I think of a paisley guitar, I think of Brad Paisley. That's all.

I'm as bothered by the terrible concept of Brad Paisley=guitar icon as you guys.

And just to add to the dismay, this song is called "I want to check you for ticks". Or something.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvHB4zpNX4[/youtube]

Forgive me if I’ve told this story before but I still love to tell it.

I worked with Bob Gowan who ran the Fender paint shop back in the 60’s.  We were talking about painting guitars one day and what it was like to work for Leo and then CBS and he told me a great story.

He said he had gone to the hardware store after lunch to get some screws and he saw this Pink Paisley contact paper.  Remember in 1968 paisley was the big thing. As a joke Bob bought some of the contact paper and took it back to the shop and put it on a Tele and then shot it with clear.  All the guys in the paint shop thought it was funny so they gave it to the sales department thinking they would get a laugh out of it.  Instead of laughing at it they ordered 250 more.  Bob went into panic and had to really scramble to find enough contact paper to do that many more guitars. 

One of those guitars wound up in James Burton’s hands and the rest is history.  I though it was cool when Bob told me the story and had now idea how collectible the Pink Paisley Telecaster had become.

Tonar, that's awesome.  What do you think the "tone purists" would have to say about the tonal qualities of contact paper covered in clear? 

guitlouie said:
Tonar, that's awesome.  What do you think the "tone purists" would have to say about the tonal qualities of contact paper covered in clear? 

They'd probably say that Nitro is way better than poly  :laughing7:

Back