One-piece Indian Rosewood Neck

GG1

A few weeks back I was browsing Warmoth for a new neck for my tele, and I was surprised to see that you can order a one-piece Indian Rosewood Vintage/Modern neck now?

Has this always been an option or was it just added recently?

When I was buying my tele parts from Warmoth last year I was looking at a Indian Rosewood neck but I decided against it because I didn't see the one-piece option and I was worried that the fretboard and shaft colors wouldn't match well.

I was looking around on the forum but I didn't see any posts or pictures of one. Has anyone ordered one of these and if so, do you like it?

In any case, I'll make a post when the one I ordered comes in!

Is there any real reason they couldn't make one-piece necks from any wood that is suitable for both necks and fretboards?

As far as I am aware that option for one piece rosewood has been available previously. I have seen one or two George Harrison themed guitars on the forum over the years, but not sure if they were one piece or modern construction necks.

Jeremiah said:
Is there any real reason they couldn't make one-piece necks from any wood that is suitable for both necks and fretboards?

Currently Tele necks in the custom builder list Rosewood and various forms of maple, many of those when choosing fingerboards can be chosen as one piece for the vintage modern construction. Mahogany does not have that option.

The construction type also has to be one that lends itself to one piece, which the modern construction does not.

They've always had an indian rosewood fret board you could mate with an indian shaft, but of course, that's not a one piece right?

I'm puttin' a rosewood shaft with a bloodwood fretboard on a VIP, and the bloodwood is amazing, it has chatoyance, and as smooth as ebony, but olier.  Real nice.  I wish they had more bloodwood ... 

I've seen them from W before, as well as one piece ebony necks. 

I think it's all about wood availability. 

Mayfly said:
I've seen them from W before, as well as one piece ebony necks. 

I think it's all about wood availability.

That makes sense. And wow, I'd never considered a one-piece ebony neck before. I bet that would look great. Probably very heavy though.

As I recall, 1 piece necks have been available, often in wood other than maple for a decade+ or so: as long as it was vintage or vintage/modern.

I wonder if your initial search was limited to modern construction.

Back