Old Boogie Bodies Neck For Sale

Cagey

Mythical Status
Has anybody here seen this neck?

Looks like a pretty fine piece, one of Ken Warmoth's originals, never used. Bidding has gotten too rich for my blood, but if you want a unique neck, that's a fine candidate.

Go price an equivalent neck in the showroom, that's still cheap for 5A+ flame maple and you're not ever going to see another brazilian rosewood board like that again...

Not real sure why the guy is working the EVH angle on this. For one, Ed never used rosewood fingerboards on his Boogie guitars. Second, just because Ed bought there that somehow makes this neck special? Does that mean since I saw Ed at Arby's I can throw a hot ham and cheese up on auction?
MULLY

I wondered about that as well. I suspect he's just playing on the suggestibility of the very young and impressionable. Look at how the guitar OEMs come out with "signature" models of otherwise unremarkable guitars, then raise the price to some unjustifiable level. The kids eat that stuff up.

mullyman said:
Not real sure why the guy is working the EVH angle on this. For one, Ed never used rosewood fingerboards on his Boogie guitars. Second, just because Ed bought there that somehow makes this neck special? Does that mean since I saw Ed at Arby's I can throw a hot ham and cheese up on auction?
MULLY
Probably of the fact that the headstock closely resembles the Kramer "beak" headstock, would be my guess...But Cagey has a point too... :dontknow:

This thread reminded me that many years ago in a shop in downtown Seattle, I saw a headless Boogie Body guitar.  It had a very small body, almost like a travel guitar, but I think it had a standard scale-length neck.  I have never seen one like it since, or seen any photos of it online anywhere.  Must have been a one-off sort of deal.  I wish that I had bought it. 

:sad:

Back