ok, this funny

mayfly

Epic Member
a couple of funny Canadian boys:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SadY0mP812A[/youtube]

Now you know what I'm going to be drinking  :)

I saw that the other day and there is this one as well. Next you know they will be gettin' up at seven and going drinkin' at nine.  :eek:ccasion14:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZrLuYoPsA[/youtube]

I do love Rush and beer, but Canadian beer is usually pretty rank...But I would give it a try...

DangerousR6 said:
I do love Rush and beer, but Canadian beer is usually pretty rank...But I would give it a try...

We only let the crappy stuff leave The Dominion ...

Mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:

:laughing11:, well there's not a lot of beer made in Canada, only 4 to be exact, and I've tried all of them. Aaaaaaaaaaaand, they suck... :laughing11:
Micro brews don't count...

But, t0 be fair,we got some crappy stuff here... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
Mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:

:laughing11:, well there's not a lot of beer made in Canada, only 4 to be exact, and I've tried all of them. Aaaaaaaaaaaand, they suck... :laughing11:
Micro brews don't count...

But, t0 be fair,we got some crappy stuff here... :laughing7:

You are correct! There are 4 crappy Canadian beers.  Like I said, the rest remain within The Dominion, including these:

alexander-keiths-india-pale-ale.jpg

sleeman-brewery.jpg

2015.png

MHBL_MooseheadCa_Web-MHPA-151-Product-278x680-Mar-2018-2.png

SSCN0008.JPG

e06cdf9aa6b757869cccab3c7fe58edb_c_700756377_640x640.jpg

Accueil_FDM_840x1428.png

160px-Molson_export_can.png

Nope these are not microbrews.  There 100's more of those.

Interestingly that last one I have never seen outside of Canada...

I wish Alexander Keith's IPA was available below the border. That stuff rocks :party07: I've been to the Great White North a couple of times and had the brew.

My wife and I are not really drinkers. We like a sweet red muscadine wine and so forth but nothing respectable.

When we lived in MD I was trying to find a suitable muscadine. There were not only none, but apparently even bringing it across state lines is a felony. And MD isn't the south. It's like lower NJ. I suppose the felony was because the right palms got greased.

rick2 said:
Like that name fin du monde.  Appropriate for these days.

A few of those and it will feel like it the next day...

But I think in Quebecois it actually is a complement, such as "that beer is so good... it's just the end of the world!"

[/quote]

A few of those and it will feel like it the next day...

But I think in Quebecois it actually is a complement, such as "that beer is so good... it's just the end of the world!"
[/quote]

Kind of... we tend to say c'est pas la fin du monde (it is not the end of the world) to describe something ordinary, so this beer qualifies itself as extraordinary.

But Unibroue was a Microbrewery back then... ans still consider as one because their beer has a Craft beer taste.

When my wife and I were pre-kids, we could still travel, and would pop over into Canada for some of those wondrous beers that never make it across the border.  Nice benefit to living in Michigan :)

Well look at this:  Canada Post just dropped off a twofour* for me!

index.php

index.php

Now I just need to invite some buddies over to help me drink it...

*a twofour is a standard measurement of beer around these parts equal to 24 beers.  twofour = 24, gedit?
Post consumption, pronunciation is allowed to change to "tewfer".

Attachments

• IMG_7040.JPG
    IMG_7040.JPG
    867.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_7041.JPG
    IMG_7041.JPG
    973.9 KB · Views: 165
Next thing you know Hosehead the dog will be picturing those two canuks as great big steaks, eh?

Well!  That's an easy drinking beer!  Very malty - but with a citrus finish.  Not terribly hoppy, so it's nowhere near IPA territory.  But still with some hops on the finish. 

I liked it!

Good to know, I might like it too

Now let's hope it can cross to my side of the country at some point...

Jebberz said:

I don't see why you just can't mail order it.  To my door it came shipped in a unmarked cardboard box.  Who's gonna know?

Mayfly said:
Jebberz said:

I don't see why you just can't mail order it.  To my door it came shipped in a unmarked cardboard box.  Who's gonna know?

Big brother?

Back