Off menu finish options?

Isurus

I've already sent an email to Warmoth directly about this but thought I'd check with the group here as well.  Has anyone ever ordered an off-menu finish?  Does Warmoth entertain such requests?  I saw a finish online that appears to be something Warmoth used to offer (indigo dye), but it's not currently in their standard offerings.  I've asked to see if they would still offer that finish if requested.

Has anyone here ever gotten an off-menu finish?

I have heard it can be negotiated with the customer service guys and they speak with the finishing department and the jist seems to point toward an up charge. If you are in a position to phone customer service that may provide the most complete information but see what you hear by email. I live on the west coast so I have tended to call them.

Do bear in mind that I have been told at times (I've been a Warmoth customer since 2012) the shops are unable to do custom requests but I know that they have, over time, done these requests.

I've found the answer generally correlates to how busy they are.  In other words, now is probably not a good time to ask.  I've had some custom pickup routs done, sometimes it was "no"...other times a "yes".  If your finish choice used to be a standard offering, you stand a better chance at a "yes".

The answer is currently "no" from customer service.  Even recent special finshes like the 40th anniversary finishes are no longer available.  That's alright, plenty of other great options available.

That's too bad, but pretty understandable considering how much busier they are than normal. The videos they post to Instagram give you a tiny glimpse into how ridiculously busy they are.

Back