NGD non Warmoth

TBurst Std

In route. A maple Guild Jumbo 6 string. Should pair nicely with my maple Guild Jumbo 12 string.

Attachments

• 9A61066F-28E6-4AEF-8D14-1A83BD161B00.jpeg
    9A61066F-28E6-4AEF-8D14-1A83BD161B00.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1A5844DE-5F06-4ABF-A2A1-A57C7A104B8E.jpeg
    1A5844DE-5F06-4ABF-A2A1-A57C7A104B8E.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 10
Running my Tone Right on it a few days then new strings. Sounds good but feels tight. Goin to see if I can loosen it up some to drive the top harder. Always a thing with acoustics, got to find the strings they like. Trying DAddario Nickle Bronze in 11s. (Came with 12s)
The Nickle Bronze 10s woke up it’s 12 string brother like no tomorrow, so starting there.

Nice guitar! Congrats. I used to own a Guild D40, and I don't know why I let it go - they make great instruments.

For strings might I suggest you try Thomastik-infeld Plectrums? They have a silk inlay between the core and wrap wires, which attenuates odd order frequencies - to my ear making them sound very warm and "musical". They also wrap the ends with silk thread, which prevents the string from unraveling at the tuners when installing (they're round core strings). They're pricey, but are very long lasting. Here they are on my Gibson
J35, with the red silk wrap showing on the string ends

j35 headstock w thomastiks sm.jpg:

Running my Tone Right on it a few days then new strings. Sounds good but feels tight. Goin to see if I can loosen it up some to drive the top harder. Always a thing with acoustics, got to find the strings they like. Trying DAddario Nickle Bronze in 11s. (Came with 12s)
The Nickle Bronze 10s woke up it’s 12 string brother like no tomorrow, so starting there.
Are you able to divulge approximately how far away you are from making this instrument "your bitch" ?

Play it everyday for 3 months ... adjust it, get to know it's strengths and nuances .. and then about 3 months in you don't think anymore ... sort of like driving a new car ... at first you need to think to make it go, then one day, no thinking.

Are you able to divulge approximately how far away you are from making this instrument "your bitch" ?
A week or 2. It takes a while. I don't force them into it. It takes time to gently coerce them LOL. It may be this weekend LOL. She needs to start making me some money, and it appears I have an acoustic gig a week from Sat.

I like to play. I like to play for money more!
Have an EIN for it and other consulting type things I do.

As I’m into month 4 of the new day job, I’m more comfortable, so accepting more gigs.
3 this week
6 next week
Had to turn down a couple next week.

I’m just glad the work is still there when I had to step away late last year due to a new day job. There was just no bandwidth in my schedule at that point.

Last edited:
Back