New tele "built" from warmoth parts mostly

Torsteink

Hi all,

This is my first post, and my new guitar "built" from warmoth parts. The neck is birdseye maple, which is one of the best I have played. The body is swamp ash, and the pickups are Antiquity II. The bridge I bought from allparts, which intonates correctly.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

All the pictures are here: http://web.mac.com/torstein.kongsjorden/Site_3/Photos.html

Torstein

Yeah, that is a really nice tele  :headbang:

Looks like the little sister of my new Warmoth P-Bass  :toothy10:

Nice job, everything looks true to the original. (except Leo put strap buttons on his :icon_jokercolor:) I bet you're happy with it.

Welcome to the board

I love that Tele!  Love the Boogie Lonestar, too, but then I'm kinda partial to Boogies. 

Hi!

Thank you for the kind comments. Regarding the strap buttons, I kind of forgot about them when I bought the parts so they will come eventually.  :)
Anyone have a good suggestion for a good case to for telecaster? Maybe with a vintage feel (not that important though).

Torstein

Thank you! I guess you need a Strat and perhaps a LP. ;)
The body was finished from Warmoth with no special requirements. And I do not think they do nitro either, so I believe the answer is no.

Torstein

Anyone have a good suggestion for a good case to for telecaster? Maybe with a vintage feel (not that important though).

Callaham Guitar parts has the G&G cases that are standard "vintage" Fender, tweed with plush interiors.  I almost bought one because I just love the look of them, but concerns for space have me leaning more toward the molded Fender cases, less vintage looking, but a little more compact. 

Guitar and amp match really nice, (not that it was intended that way).

Check out Gator cases, they have a vintage you might like.

I don't see any scratches on that pickguard yet, how does sound with that Lonestar?

The scratches will come soon, have played it every day, so the neck is starting to warm up now :)
It sounds great on the lone star, backing down the gain a little and increasing the master really brings out the tone in my opinion. I also find the tone pretty warm compared to my strat (acoustically). The antiquity pickups work great. Currently using 250k pots with .047uf tone cap and a 0.1uf cap between the volume (in and out). I am not sure if this is the best solution, I am thinking of trying .022uf cap for tone and .047uf on both tone and leak cap. Well see. I am very happy with the tone now, so I will probably not do anything yet.

Torstein

Back