New amp day!

rapfohl09

Hey everyone! I finally got reunited with a Epiphone Valve Junior today! God I love this amp. It is my absolute favorite of the small 5W tube amps. I had the head/cab version of the amp for a long time, but got bit by the metal bug and sold it to buy a big Valveking. God how I wish I hadn't done that. Anyway for a while now, about 2 years, I have been on and off searching for one and finally found a close one for a measly 80 bucks. Absolutely wonderful. It is a Version 3 combo, and it sounds absolutely incredible. The guy had a Sovtek EL84 and a EH 12AX7, which aren't really my tube choices, but it sounds great. I will probably change out the tubes for my preferences and then maybe change the speaker to a jensen, but I am really surprised at how great the little 8" speaker sounds. I thought I would be biased by the 12" in my old one, but I guess not. Attached are some pictures of both just the amp and my set up for now.

Keepin it nice and simple :icon_thumright:

I absolutely recommend this amp to anyone, you can pick up an Bitmo 10-Uator and then you can have a straight line out to a recorder and such (I'm gonna), it's just a great amp.

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 245
  • downsize_2.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 243
I modded my head with a bitmo kit. Awesome. I have a 10uator kit too if u want it let me know. We can work somethin out trade or whatever.

With my last one there were a ton of things that I wanted to do to it, but this time around I am already pretty happy with it. Although the Mercury Magnetics transformer and 6V6 tube adder does sound quite appealing. Did you just do the trio mods?

Ya. I did the the trio. It gave it a little different character. I have two cabs loaded with vintage 30's. It's got great tone. I'm really happy with it. It sounds amazing pushing a 4-12! :headbang1:

Back