New 3x3 headstock in the pipeline ?

Unwound G

Aaron, apart from the stepped Firebird-style 6-in-line peghead I noticed there will to be a new 3x3 headstock coming ?  From Insta picture half revealed, it appears the string nut slots are cut for straight string pull alignment  rather than having a kink at the break angle (refer picture).  From my experience, the Warmoth and Vortex headstocks have to compromise somewhat for G and B slots to have a straight string pull alignment which may work well for non-tremolo guitars or a nut made of graphite.  Corian seems to prevent the afore mentioned strings to return to pitch after tremolo use.  Do enlighten.  Thanks.

Attachments

• Warmoth nut slot cut.jpg
    Warmoth nut slot cut.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 240
I think that's a Redshifter or Meadowhawk headstock, so all bets are off as to whether any of the design elements filter through into the parts selection. One can hope...

Fat Pete said:
I think that's a Redshifter or Meadowhawk headstock, so all bets are off as to whether any of the design elements filter through into the parts selection. One can hope...

That is Meadowhawk headstock.

And yes, I designed it with straight string pull through the nut.

Ah, thanks Fat Pete.  Guess I haven't been keeping up with this forum for a while.  For those like me, here's a glimpse of the Meadow headstock.

Attachments

• Warmoth Meadowhawk headstock.jpg
    Warmoth Meadowhawk headstock.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 431
I would love a straight pull headstock on a 3+3 neck, especially after all the fun (dozen nuts) I had trying to get a nut that would keep my last Soloist in tune.

Any chance to get that headstock on a custom ordered neck ?
Or is the only option to get this beautiful tiltback paddle headstock and attempt reshaping it myself ?
angledpaddle_warmothpro.jpg

Edited: actually never mind, since I want do make a custom wood inlaid headplate, it'll likely be easier/cleaner to glue it onto a paddle head and then reshape,  than trying to add a headplate to an existing neck. At that point, might as well put the tuner holes where needed to get a straight pull

Back