NEED ADVICE - Nitro Spraying in Cooler Weather

What’s up fellas, need some advice. Here in Tennessee it’s starting to get cooler. And of course, right about now is the time my body is coming in. I’m making a vintage inspired strat to keep with me forever hopefully. But here’s my dilemma:
Most days are barely topping 60-65. And I don’t have access to a garage anymore. But I will NOT give up on this project. I’m going for a solid Olympic white nitro finish.
Here’s the “golden idea”
So I get a larger tent, or plant growing tent that seals off nice and can stand up in. Install a heat bulb inside of it, along with a de-humidifier. Spray my finish on, and take it back inside after a couple minutes and hang it in my vacant room. I’m running out of options boys.

rick2 said:
Wait .... didn’t you post already on this topic

Yes...though the original question has been replaced with Finishing and New.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33681.msg466787

This is a smaller forum you will not get different answers from a second thread.

Your options are: proceed with the plan in any case bearing in mind the caveats already pointed out, or wait till the weather is better, or see if you can outsource the finish work if you cannot wait.

Dude, did you seriously just change your username and post a duplicate topic hoping for different responses?

Because that's what this looks like.  Blues might not change, but Beginner Finisher evidently does.  I don't quite know what you're trying to accomplish, but this is seriously beginning to look like a case of seeking validation rather than advice you intend to follow, even if it's not what you originally wanted to hear.

If that's the case, then I'm not exactly sure why we should continue to spend any more energy on providing assistance that you don't want.  If I'm wrong in my assumption, I'm totally cool with being called out on it and I truly hope that you do, because ultimately, this community is built on helping.

But help can't come if you're really not interested in help but rather back-pats and attaboys. Your other thread got what is really sage advice, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but starting up a new topic as if you're brand new and asking the same question is......questionable.  Especially when you delete the content of your post in the original topic thread.

Sure, go right ahead.  Should work fine.  Just remember to completely refrain from inhaling inside the tent.  Or, alternatively, wear scuba gear while you are spraying.  Either way should get you there.

Bill, tgo

Lbpesq said:
Sure, go right ahead.  Should work fine.  Just remember to completely refrain from inhaling inside the tent.  Or, alternatively, wear scuba gear while you are spraying.  Either way should get you there.

Bill, tgo

And when a guy with a Jerry Garcia avatar says "don't inhale", DON'T INHALE!!!

Back