Neck profile

thePRSlover

Hi all

I have a Les Paul standard 2012 and I liked the neck so much, is there is a neck profile close to it or is the same that Warmoth offers

Do you have measurements of the 2012 neck?

It is probably asymmetrical, and the closest dimensionally I think would be the Wolgang profile with a 1 11/16" nut width. It is unlikely to be the same.

Upvote 0
I’d never had guessed LP necks to be asymmetrical.

That happened about 15 years ago, when Gibson released a redesigned LP Standard — "modern" (more routing) weight relief, long neck tendon, asymmetric neck, new electronics, etc. — and renamed the prior spec model the the LP Traditional — swiss-cheese weight relief, short tendon, '50s round neck, etc.

Upvote 0
I’d never had guessed LP necks to be asymmetrical.

As @DuckBaloo mentioned, not all of them, but quite a few are. My own Les Paul has an asymmetrical neck, though in practice it is not something I notice. I played a few in the store and got the one that felt right to me. I narrowed it down to two of the same model, but one just had something about it over the other.

Upvote 0
it was definitely 2012, cos I dont know a neck quite like that one. also I never touched an EVH guitar in my life. I cant find them where i'm from
I played an original evh, a blue one my friend bought at the time. The neck was tiny!
Very narrow at the nut compared to all the 1 11/16 necks I had.

I see the evh necks as a funky fender shape more than a gibson one.

Upvote 0
Back