natural soloist

w00dsy

i finally got around to putting together my dream guitar after many years of figuring out what i wanted. Here's some specs

alder soloist body with tung oil finish
maple neck and rosewood fretboard
stainless steal frets
1 3/4" but width and wizard neck(i dig wide/thin)
earvana nut
wilkinson bridge
3 way blade switch
Mick Brierly pickups, MV A2 in the neck and an H-A5 in the bridge.
and a tronical tuning system.
and a custom backplate from DangerousR6

zwqRbIF.jpg

1AQqsDS.jpg

XGBrANF.jpg

xRd1pzx.jpg

VmU849m.jpg

Bravo!  Nice work.  It's often the simple things in life that provide the greatest satisfaction, and that baby has satisfaction written all over it.

Bagman

yeah i'm a simple guy  :icon_biggrin: I considered making a guitar that would do everything, then i realised i don't do everything so it was pointless. It's essentially a straight up rock machine.  :headbang1:

it had 2 or 3 coats, i can't quite remember. The tuning system is weird to get used to but very beneficial if you play a lot of different tunings. It's probably not worth it if you stay in E but if you change tunings then it's great. Usually within about 10 sec's i'm in another tuning.

w00dsy said:
it had 2 or 3 coats, i can't quite remember. The tuning system is weird to get used to but very beneficial if you play a lot of different tunings. It's probably not worth it if you stay in E but if you change tunings then it's great. Usually within about 10 sec's i'm in another tuning.

Thanks

Nice!

Natural Alder doesn't get the love it deserves. I really like the subtle grain and the Tung oil is such a great finish for the DIY builder.

Good job!

I really like that.  It is about a stripped-down as it can be, and gorgeous in such an elemental state. 

Back