Natural mask binding - possible on double laminated bodies?

mscmkr

It is possible on laminate bodies
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS3239&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0&laminateWood_filter=14,83&finish_filter=106,98,91,84,78,77,71,69,67,62,45,47,36,31,28,10,112
so I suppose it is also on DLs?

Can somebody explain me the reason? From a technical point of view I mean... Always given that it is possible on a laminate body...

the lam of the double lam is too thin for having no binding I guess, and also, you have in total, 3 layers of wood and warmoth thinks that that is not representable or something like that, i guess.

To tell you the truth, I didn't think it would be possible on strat laminates either. But for some reason I suspect size is not the culprit. If you can make it out of a 1/8th of an inch (which is, if I am not mistaken 3mm) you can make it out of 1,5 mm.

mscmkr said:
To tell you the truth, I didn't think it would be possible on strat laminates either. But for some reason I suspect size is not the culprit. If you can make it out of a 1/8th of an inch (which is, if I am not mistaken 3mm) you can make it out of 1,5 mm.

it's got something to do with it being a DOUBLE lam.

The substrate of the wood UNDER the AAAAA top layer of the DL lamtop might not match in coloration, and look funky if done in a natural binding

Back