My Rig with a Sample

jeffreywt

Hi!

I am off from work today and figured I would contribute by sharing my setup. I'm an amateur (as you will hear below) but I do play live with friends and small gatherings sometimes. I can hack it when it comes to classic rock cover tunes or whatever.  :laughing7:

Following the signal chain, it goes like this,

Warmoth Strat (seen here)
Fender CS69 Pickups
RMC1 Wah
MXR Phase 90
Keeley Compressor
TS808
TS9
Fender Blues Jr
  • Reverb 2
  • Master 3 or 4
  • Bass 7.5
  • Mid 6
  • Treble 7
  • Volume 6 or 7
  • Fat Switch Off
  • JJ EL84 and 12AX7 tubes

A sample:

Here is a clip from an informal jam with friends. It takes us a bit to find a groove but, I imagine it won't make your ears bleed. It was recorded with a Tascam pocket recorder. It contains mostly noodling around a blues lick you might recognize. Hopefully it will be somewhat demonstrative of my setup. You're input is welcome.

Click here to listen!

My thoughts:

I recently switched from a CryBaby to the RMC1. This is a huge improvement with single coils and probably for any guitar. The RMC is very transparent whereas the Dunlop pedal sounds artificial, if that makes sense.

I use the TS808 for a smooth drive just to make the amp breakup a bit. I have the TS9 setup for more drive. With both tube screamers turned on and all stars properly aligned, I can get some controlled feedback.

I use the Phase 90 mostly for a fake Leslie effect. I had a Boss RT20 but it completely changed the way my setup sounded. It wasn't bad but just too digital sounding.

I have everything mounted on a Pedaltrain PT2 and powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus. I've only filled about half of the pedal board so far.

I do a lot of changing tone with my volume knob and 5-way. I rarely if ever touch the tone knobs.

I need to practice.  :guitaristgif:

Back