My new VIP Build is done!

dlester03

Here is my latest build.  It is a VIP body and a Warmoth neck.  I used Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and coil split the bridge pickup.  I also used Grover Tuners and a Gotoh Bridge.  It looks, sounds and plays great. 

Attachments

• IMAG0706.jpg
    IMAG0706.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,565
  • IMAG0707.jpg
    IMAG0707.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 844
  • IMAG0708.jpg
    IMAG0708.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 870
  • IMAG0709.jpg
    IMAG0709.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 783
  • IMAG0712.jpg
    IMAG0712.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 807
  • IMAG0714.jpg
    IMAG0714.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 741
  • IMAG0717.jpg
    IMAG0717.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 928
funny_faces_of_guitar_players_32.jpg

Very nice! I'm a big fan of the VIP style, and that one is a prime example of why. Just a beautiful design, and yours is well-executed.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.  Now if I could just find an ABS Style case that this baby  will fit into, I'd be very happy.

:guitarplayer2:

Great build.

My advice on a case is take it to a local, major guitar shop and start fitting in to different cases to find the right fit. I did that with my VIP and found a great case by Roadrunner, but they since have discontinued it.

Nice Axe!  I love the VIP but have not yet built one.  This is a great example of why I should get going on one soon!  Thanks for sharing!

Fantastic looking guitar! Well done! I'm leaning more and more at building one of these. What guitar tones/sound would you say it mimics most closely for comparison?

I like your setup, just a tone knob and volume knob. What is the switching?

Looks great, nice work!
lafromla1 said:
My advice on a case is take it to a local, major guitar shop and start fitting in to different cases to find the right fit. I did that with my VIP and found a great case by Roadrunner, but they since have discontinued it.

I second this. I had a hard time finding a decent case for my Jazzmaster and finally just dragged it in to Guitar Center and tried them all till I found one that fit right. Also it’s a great opportunity to show off your axe  :headbang:

Back