My Jazz bass family

AndyG

#1:  Blue swamp ash Deluxe 5, maple neck, ebony fingerboard.  2x Duncan MM pickups and a Duncan 3 band preamp.  Takeuchi bridge and Gotoh tuners.

My first build and my first attempt a finishing.

#2:  Black swamp ash Deluxe 5, maple neck and fingerboard.  Nordstrand J/J pickups with a Nordstrand 2 band preamp.  Schaller bridge and Gotoh tuners.

Sorry for the overexposure ... sun came our when I took this.  Warmoth finished body, self-finished neck.

#3:  MIM Fender Jazz 5, alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard.  Bartolini P/J pickups and a Bass Mods 3 band preamp.  Schaller bridge and stock Fender tuners.

This one is only about 20% Warmoth, as I got the bridge and pickguard from there.  Picked up this bass for a song on Kijiji, and decided to have some fun with adding the P/J.  Cutting the pickguard took some patience, but I'm happy with the result.

And in the background is my Tiny Thunder Tower .... a Traynor SB200 head (200 watts in a 1.5 pound box) and a Yorkville 2x10 cabinet.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    987.8 KB · Views: 880
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    686.5 KB · Views: 833
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 780
That's a sweet gaggle of J's you have there, my friend! Blue one is really sweet-lookin'! Nice work! Is it me, or do those knobs on the black swampy look familiar?  :laughing7:

Day-mun said:
That's a sweet gaggle of J's you have there, my friend! Blue one is really sweet-lookin'! Nice work! Is it me, or do those knobs on the black swampy look familiar?  :laughing7:

They just might .... :)

I originally had chrome knobs on my black jazz, but decided to go full traditional.  The other ones you just might be referring to are still earmarked for a future fretless.

Back