My custom Tele Style

Hogie_GT

I just finished my first custom. I compared it to my MX Fender Telecaster and it is definitely louder and fuller sound. I liked my Fender so much, I just had to build my own custom. I am VERY happy with it. I think I got a bad 4-way switch because I cannot get bridge position. All other positions work. I did have to cut the switch slot a little bit longer at both ends because the lever was hitting the end of the slot before engaging. I also had to trim the plastic knob to clear the screws that hold the switch to allow full movement. I imagine this is due to the thickness of the wood it goes through compared to the thin metal plate. The Golden Age pickups are SWEET! And I love the figured mahogany neck. I am ready to build another!

Attachments

• DSCN8460.JPG
    DSCN8460.JPG
    463.6 KB · Views: 514
  • DSCN8455.JPG
    DSCN8455.JPG
    459.1 KB · Views: 471
I like the T style a lot so, I plan on collecting a few variations. I am planning on a Thinline next with F hole. I am sold on Warmouth parts. I modified my Fender Telecaster a bit as well. I replaced the pick guard, installed Fender locking tuning machines, 4-way switch, and replaced the string tree with a roller type. My boy Theodore shows his approval. This Telecaster is a MX made alder body in tobacco burst. Maple neck. Simple yet effective design. No wonder many create their own! I am in agreement.

Attachments

• DSCN7805.JPG
    DSCN7805.JPG
    741.2 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCN7804.JPG
    DSCN7804.JPG
    672.8 KB · Views: 294
I got a nice hardshell Fender case that fits like a glove. I want to make sure this beauty is well protected.

Attachments

• DSCN8470.JPG
    DSCN8470.JPG
    590.5 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN8467.JPG
    DSCN8467.JPG
    378.9 KB · Views: 297
I replaced the 4-way switch so now all positions work. I also found a smaller knob that looks nice and suits the guitar. I just can't put this guitar down! I highly recommend the Golden Age pickups.

Hi Hogie,
beautiful custom tele. Just wanted to ask did warmoth do the burst finish and what burst finish is it?
looking to do one myself. Many Thanks

Back