Music Man dummy coil routes

Patrick from Davis

Now I know that this is quite specific, but it seems that it would not be that much harder to add to the mix.  I now know that at least one pickup manufacturer, Nordstrand, have a dummy coil added to Musicman versions of their pickups.  These are there to be able to use a single coil pick up wiring with the dummy coil bucking the hum, or silent single coil as they call it.  Very cleaver idea.  While I am not against modifying the routes myself to accommodate this, it seems like it would not be too difficult for the fine folks at Warmoth to add that option to the mix.  I'd pay a couple of bucks extra to cover it since it doesn't seem like this is the biggest request.  But it would be nice to have a CNC router do it instead of me because I tend get that light in the tummy feeling with ideas that involve routers.  I have seen the eBay pictures and it always gives me a reason to pause.  Never had a prob with a router before, I guess I am just cautious, or lazy.
Patrick

Seymour Duncan also offers a similar 3 coil pickup.

I don't want to dash your hopes, but to be completely honest, it is an exceedingly rare request and unlikely to recoup CNC coding time.  They are cool pickups though!

Oh I know, that is why I even offered to pay.  $2 to $2.25 still falls into the, "Couple," category right?  heh heh heh...  After looking at as many pictures as possible, I do not think it is going to be much of a deal anyways.  But you never know what might happen if you ask for something.
Patrick

Back