Meanwhile, at Warmoth: CITES be damned....full speed ahead!!!!!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
As of 10:30 AM, June 7, 2017, Warmoth has resumed international shipment of Indian Rosewood and Kingwood.

We have procured all the necessary CITES permits, and developed a system for processing these shipments that we think will work dependably. So....order up!  :bananaguitar:

Just in time for the cheap thrills tele!

moving through the showcase now...

The New CITES Regulations, and What They Mean For You: A Warmoth Buyer's Guide
by Aaron Cheney

Preface
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

The CITES permitting process is a dense labyrinth, filled with fruitless dead-ends, dizzying cul-de-sacs, and despair. Obtaining permits for all our products, in all wood species, was unworkable.

Chapter 1: What We Can Do
Instead, we chose to get permits for only two woods, and one product. The woods are Indian Rosewood and Kingwood. The product is necks. So....we are now able to ship necks with these two wood species internationally.

Chapter 2: What We Can't Do
We are NOT able to ship bodies with these woods internationally. We are also NOT able to ship necks with other species of Rosewood (Malagassy, Palisander, etc). It is also noteworthy that we cannot ship necks which contain both Indian Rosewood and Kingwood.

Chapter 3: Why Should Plants Have All the Fun?
Animal products, including Bone nuts and Abalone, Mother of Pearl, and Paua inlays, are also regulated by CITES. Warmoth has received our permit to export necks which contain these materials, but we have not yet determined the ramifications of shipping them. The process becomes especially complicated when they are combined with other CITES materials on a single product, e.g. a guitar neck with an Indian Rosewood fretboard and Abalone inlays.

The jury is still out...I cannot tell you how this will be handled. What I can tell you is that "The New CITES Regulations, And What They Mean For You, 2nd Edition" is due to be published soon. It will contain revised and expanded content, including any changes to Warmoth's policy on shipping animal products. Watch for it in hardback on Amazon, Unofficial Warmoth, and everywhere fine books are sold.

Chapter 4: The Final Reckoning
Warmoth has procured everything we need to export these products. It is up to you, as the importer, to be aware of and comply with the regulations and permitting processes of your country. Warmoth is not responsible for any import regulations or fees that might come due.

I hope this guide-book has been helpful.

About the Author
Aaron Cheney is a super nice guy.

Dang, it's getting complicated.  I want a bounded Rosewood fingerboard, Abalone block markers and bone nut neck shipped overseas. Will I be restricted ?

Unwound G said:
Dang, it's getting complicated.  I want a bounded Rosewood fingerboard, Abalone block markers and bone nut neck shipped overseas. Will I be restricted ? 

Only if you live through the execution phase of the review by the Special Committee on Crimes Against Humanity, who will decide how many times you should be shot in the face. And crotch. (It's usually a lot.) But, don't worry - they don't believe in guns. So, yeah. Maybe you should look at the new Roasted Tofu necks. They don't require a finish, so you won't have to go in front of Special Committee on Crimes Against Humanity again for air and water violations, who will decide how badly your corpse should be mutilated. (It's usually a lot.) But, don't worry. They think meat is murder. They're certainly not going to mangle it.

Unwound G said:

The Magic 8 Ball says "All signs point to yes."

Unwound G said:

The Magic 8 Ball says "All signs point to yes."

To all my overseas customers, goodbye to necks like this........

Rosewood%20bound%20neck_zps58l8lwdw.jpg

To be completely honest. I wouldn't have really wanted a Rosewood neck anyway. So hah! Take that CITES.

Back