May Submissions - Guitar of the Month Contest

GOM

Greetings,

I'm pleased to announce the May, 2011 Guitar of the Month contest.  The May contest will be for any Bass Guitar assembled from a Warmoth body, a Warmoth neck, or both.  Entries may have their finishes applied by Warmoth, the instruments's owner, or a third party.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent to uwfgom@gmail.com - two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.   In turn, those images will posted to this message, which is May's submission thread.  Submissions will be accepted from the 1st through the 7th of May, so get your cameras clicking!   All discussion for the submissions can take place below, along with other pictures hosted by the poster.  

Good luck, and may the best bass guitar win!

line6man
The bass has a Squier body and a Warmoth neck. The finish on the neck was done by Warmoth, but the epoxy coat on the fingerboard was done professionally
4577125522_166c859882_b.jpg

4577146858_2f6f0a2be6_b.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SolomonHelsing
Body: Warmoth
Neck: Warmoth
Finish: Warmoth
5 String Z bass
Wenge/Bloodwood Warmoth Headstock Neck
Swamp Ash 5 String Z body, Trans Purple Finish
Takeuchi 5 String Bridge
Gotoh GB7 Tuners
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Jazz Neck
Rio Grande Powerbucker in Bridge
Volume, Volume(Series/Parralel push/pull), Tone, 3 Way Pickup Switch
SolomonHelsingCloseUp.jpg

SolomonHelsingFullShot.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________
SHOWDOWN
Body: Warmoth Thunderbird, mahogany w/ raised center, tobacco burst finished by Warmoth
Neck: Warmoth 8-string, maple/bubinga, ebony FB with clay dots, finished by me in Danish Oil and wax
Pickups/electronics: GFS MM Alnico humbuckers, passive electronics, series/single/parallel switches
Hardware: Schaller 471 bridge, Gotoh GB7 tuners
Other:
Fully shielded control cavity with copper foil
Stainless steel inserts for M4 neck screws
Ebony truss rod cover
rolf1.jpg

rolf2.jpg

Toronado
Body (Warmoth): Quilted maple on swamp ash. The finish is blue dye (water based), finished with oil and wax. I did the finish.
Neck (Warmoth): Birdseye maple with East Indian rosewood fingerboard, perloid block inlays and cream binding. Finished in clear nitro satin (by Warmoth).
Hardware: Schaller BML tuners, Gotoh 201 bridge.
Pickups and Electronics: Seymour Duncan Basslines Classic Stacks, 500k pots. Layout of the controls is Master Volume, 4 way rotary switch (Pos1: bridge, Pos2: bridge + neck parallel, Pos3: neck, Pos4: bridge + neck in series) and Master Tone.
The bass was finished February 2009.
tornado2.jpg

tornado.jpg

drewfx
Warmoth J body/Warmoth Gloss finish - Flamed Koa on Mahogany
Warmoth Neck - raw Flamed Teak
SD  AJJ-2 Lightnin' Rods Active Pickups
EMG BQC 3-band Active Preamp
dre.jpg

dre2.jpg

Warmoth black, red, yellow finish
gold harware
brainm.jpg

brianm.jpg

NECK: WARMOTH JAZZ BASS BIRDSEYE MAPLE WITH PEARLOID BLOCK INLAYS
FINISH: 60'S DESERT SAND LACQUER AKA "TRALALA SAND"
ELECTRONICS:  NORDSTRAND NJ4 PICKUPS, SOVIET PAPER IN OIL CAPACITORS, STANDARD V  V T CONTROLS
BRIDGE: GOTOH 201
TUNERS: SCHALLER BML
patt.jpg

patt2.jpg

So this "anything goes", does it mean that you can submit an unfinnished guitar as well, as long as it fills all the other criteria?

I'm submitting my first Warmoth.

Tubby, you better be submitting at least 10 of the Geckos this month. You could easily steal this month! :blob7:

line6man said:
Tubby, you better be submitting at least 10 of the Geckos this month. You could easily steal this month! :blob7:

I was thinking of submitting this one:
http://www.gerb.ws/warmoth/gecko/walnut_new_pickup_route/IMG_9650.JPG

And only one at a time.  :)

tubby.twins said:
DMRACO said:
I need to build a bass now!?!?!?

Yes.  You need a bass.  :)

I did redo a bass but it was not a W.  It is a WARWICK with a vintage Kahler and a rattle can paint job....does not stand a chance..

I gotta get some good pictures... but I think I may have this one in the bag. I don't think I've posted any pictures of my bass on here.

Fidde said:
So this "anything goes", does it mean that you can submit an unfinnished guitar as well, as long as it fills all the other criteria?

This is not "anything goes".  Its a Guitar of the Month contest for a Bass Guitar, made from a Warmoth Body, or Warmoth Neck, or both.  It must be a completed instrument.  By unfinished, if you mean a "raw finish", yes that is fine.  It can be a Warmoth or other finish, or the owner of the instrument may have put the finish on the wood.

This month, we're doing one of the deviations to the same old same old.... and making it "basses only".  Next month, still unofficially, will be back to the normal routine.

tubby.twins said:
line6man said:

I was thinking of submitting this one:
http://www.gerb.ws/warmoth/gecko/walnut_new_pickup_route/IMG_9650.JPG

And only one at a time.  :)

Still working on the one I got the Q tuner and Artec's from you for. How's the sound?

So where are the submissions at all you bass guys?  Wait...don't tell me....you're waiting for the guitar player to show you how. :icon_jokercolor:

pabloman said:
So where are the submissions at all you bass guys?  Wait...don't tell me....you're waiting for the guitar player to show you how. :icon_jokercolor:

you don't read?  :icon_scratch: The submissions are via e-mail.

And not till the 1st, We know how to read just like we know how to keep a rythmn, better than the lead guitar  :icon_jokercolor:

GOM said:
This is not "anything goes".  Its a Guitar of the Month contest for a Bass Guitar, made from a Warmoth Body, or Warmoth Neck, or both.  It must be a completed instrument.  By unfinished, if you mean a "raw finish", yes that is fine.  It can be a Warmoth or other finish, or the owner of the instrument may have put the finish on the wood.

This month, we're doing one of the deviations to the same old same old.... and making it "basses only".  Next month, still unofficially, will be back to the normal routine.

Ye I meant "raw finished" guitar (Bass guitar). Sry for being so inaccurate with what I meant.

Cheers!

pabloman said:
know how to get s bass player off the front porch? Pay him for the pizza !!!!!

Wyliee said:
Hmmm....  I've got a handful of Warmoth basses at home..... Which to enter......???

This is my favorite of yours...

3520519912_f266c5e7d7.jpg

I'll let you nominate it, I'm just saying, it is my favorite of yours...
Patrick

Back