LP Quilt Top

Mad Hatter

Well, two days ago I got this baby in the mail:

IMGP0092.jpg

IMGP0084.jpg

It's amazing what you can get done when work doesn't interfere and the Jack doesn't run out.  :laughing11:

I've pretty much got her buttoned up as of 0530 this morning.  Still have a bit of final setup work to do and double check as all the parts settle in together.  The first hole in a finish like this is always the hardest, but after that it got easier to drill the others.  Had a little bit of fit work in the neck pocket due to normal finish build up, as well as some of the hardware holes, but nothing major.  Interestingly enough, the neck screws for the tapered heel were not long enough.  But that was an easy fix with a trip to the store for some matching SS screws.  Some sanding on the bottom of the pickup rings to match the body curve, and it was all good.

Headstock together, sans the truss rod cover.  I love these tuners.
IMGP0098.jpg

IMGP0099.jpg

Now I know purists will point out that to properly shield a guitar, all the cavities and channels must be lined or the wires wrapped, however I'm going to start with the two caivites where most of the problems seem to originate.  If I encounter unwanted noise, I'll tackle the rest of the holes.

IMGP0101.jpg

Pickups are in and ready for the switches to be wired up.

IMGP0102.jpg

I'll throw some pics up of the finished product soon.  I was just too tired and lazy to do it when I finished up.  I can't get over how precise this neck is, right out of the box.  Thus far I can't find a single high fret, and they are dead on with the fingerboard.  I can see how Warmoths are like potato chips though....you can't have just one. :headbang1:

PW tuners are wonderful.  They are a little heavy, but with an LP body, perfect.

Yeah, I noticed the weight when I put them on.  You're right, not an issue on this body, but they might make a V a little nose heavy.

Back