LP cavity covers with a hole for battery boxes:

line6man

I assume that your talking about mounting a battery box onto the black plastic cover that covers a rear route cavity?
Personally, i think that it looks sort of "Homemade" and cheap. I think that it looks much more professional to have a seperate battery box routed into the instrument.

Anyways, its really not all that difficult to route the cover yourself. You could probably use a Dremel tool to carve out the cover...

Mapleg4

line6man said:
I assume that your talking about mounting a battery box onto the black plastic cover that covers a rear route cavity?
Personally, i think that it looks sort of "Homemade" and cheap. I think that it looks much more professional to have a seperate battery box routed into the instrument.

Anyways, its really not all that difficult to route the cover yourself. You could probably use a Dremel tool to carve out the cover...

I think I prefer the cavity cover idea. It doesn't ruin the instrument that much and is more practical.

stubhead

The battery box is kind of BIG, it would be neat to have just a little access panel, though how you'd make a door would be interesting; since Warmoth is already doing a threaded insert/machine screw arrangement for the Gecko, they already know how to do that...
http://www.warmoth.com/gecko/gecko.cfm?fuseaction=include_gecko5_bodys
I'm kinda waiting for them to offer the machine bolt/threaded T-nuts-under-the-fingerboard arrangement for neck mounting, myself. Heck of a lot easier for them to do it, then for me to do it... :hello2:

Mapleg4

Long link: http://cgi.ebay.com/2pcs-9v-battery-box-for-active-guitar-bass-pickup-B9_W0QQitemZ220298678367QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220298678367&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This is what I would like to put in the cavity cover.

mayfly

Why not just cut your own hole?  wouldn't take that much effort.

Hmm - I might just do this for my next buld...