Lookie what I'm picking up today...

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
:blob7:......
bv1.jpg

Cool - at 60 watts that thing is going to be LOUD. Hope it sounds good too. :icon_thumright:

GoDrex said:
Cool - at 60 watts that thing is going to be LOUD. Hope it sounds good too. :icon_thumright:
It should be plenty for my little man cave. It has two sets of tubes that come with it 6L6's and EL34's... I really wanted the 120 watt half stack, but I just ain't got the room for it. If I crancked up a 120 watt tube amp in my room, I'd knock sown some walls... :icon_biggrin:

Man, I can nearly destroy my little ranch house with my 18 watter hehehe ;)

I'd go with the EL34's :icon_thumright:

GoDrex said:
Man, I can nearly destroy my little ranch house with my 18 watter hehehe ;)

I'd go with the EL34's :icon_thumright:
The guy said the EL34's were a bit milder...The 6L6's make it ear bleeding, he said it took 2 days for his ears to stop ringing... :laughing11: That's why he sold it, too much amp for him...

Just got done jammin' a bit on the new amp. And man is it LOUD......And I ain't even tried the set of 6L6 tubes in it yet....

Max said:
Hey, Doug, nice UNFINISHED SPALT MAPLE TELECASTER.  :laughing7:
I know I need to get off my lazy ass and finish it, before my next project arrives... :icon_biggrin:

thumb55 said:
are EL84's really quieter?  If so I'll order mine right now.
Don't know, mine has EL34's in it at the moment. And I didn't say quieter, I said milder.... :icon_thumright:

There's nothing "quiet" about this amp except the off switch... :icon_biggrin:

Thats cool lookin'!

Have that little Marshall as well, but I blew the speaker out! I thought it'd be cool to use the line out on my MG into the little one. Just a pointer to anyone thinking about it-Don't Do It.  :laughing7:

thumb55 said:

EL84's are for much lower powered amps, like 20 watters.  EL34's are what is going on here.

Doug --  Congrats, my friend.  Welcome to the tube world.  This is almost like the Matrix.  The blue pill, or the red pill.    :laughing7:

DocNrock said:
thumb55 said:

EL84's are for much lower powered amps, like 20 watters.  EL34's are what is going on here.

Doug --  Congrats, my friend.  Welcome to the tube world.  This is almost like the Matrix.  The blue pill, or the red pill.    :laughing7:
You got that right, it's mind boggling....... :doh:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
thumb55 said:

You already took the red pill...just see how deep the rabbit hole goes.  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
thumb55 said:

You already took the red pill...just see how deep the rabbit hole goes.   :icon_biggrin:
I got the VooDoo pill..... :evil4:

Even on a clean channel with absolutely no effects, I just love the "sparkle" of a basic open chord on a good tube amp.  Even the simplest "Guitar 101" stuff sounds awesome with tubes. 

Back