Lace Deathbuckers?

The Deacon

I know I'm missing some grounds, having a millions ground wires in schematics makes things messy IMO.
The colors are correct on the Humbucker (Lace Sensor Deathbucker) and a single coil in the neck.

The other color wires just match the caps I'm putting in to limit my confusion. Let me know if you see something off or recommend something please! I've gathered info from the internet on using 250K pots for the Lace Alumitone Deathbucker.
This is going into a Tele that should be arriving today!!! :headbanging:

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Schematic Tabitha Tele.jpg
    Schematic Tabitha Tele.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 221
It's not going to work. Do a search for a stock 3-way tele wiring diagram. The pickups you are using don't matter in this case, but the switch layout does.

assuming the open slots can be used as tone for each pickup?

Attachments

• Tabatha Tele Schematic.jpg
    Tabatha Tele Schematic.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 426
That should work but the tones will only work when the relevant position of the switch is selected which is not what you want, I would assume.

If you want the tones for each pickup to work in all positions connect the wire from the tone control to the relevant lug that the pickup wire itself is attached to.

like this? Moving from middle lug to tone cap lug?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 184
I put the caps on, and grounded the Volume. I'll wait....

Attachments

• 20200729_112107.jpg
    20200729_112107.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 182
The Deacon said:
like this? Moving from middle lug to tone cap lug?

No, they needed moving at the selector switch end. To the respective terminals marked A in the earlier switch diagram you posted.

Connect a wire from the terminals marked A for each pickup to the middle lug of the respective tone pot. Leave your caps as they are.

Like this?
This is looking from underneath, where the lever spring from this angle would be on the left side. Once mounted, the lever spring will be opposite the pickups.

I'll just leave those 2 lever lugs alone?

Attachments

• Tabatha Tele Schematic.jpg
    Tabatha Tele Schematic.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 475
Used to the Gibson cavity  or rear route, this will make me dizzy. I truly appreciate the help!!

Attachments

• 20200729_204431.jpg
    20200729_204431.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 20200729_204959.jpg
    20200729_204959.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 161
That should do it.

One thing to check in the diagram of the switch the lugs marked A are the commons for each side of the switch. I cannot see from your photos but the pickups for this wiring must connect to those lugs. If you have not done so check by looking at the side of the switch to identify which lug at each side is in contact regardless of position that is the one marked A or the common.

This is important as otherwise this wiring will not work as expected.

The other two lever lugs do not need anything connected to them.

This might also be useful for folks who happen across this thread and wonder why the switch ended up wired the way suggested.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avxbn_ElHMI
[/youtube]

Here it is in the video! Thanks again!!

Next issue is fitting everything into the cavity or having to swap everything out for Alpha Mini Pots (on order)

Attachments

• 3 way blade.jpg
    3 way blade.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 150
Back