June 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the June, 2017 Guitar of the Month contest!  June's contest will be "owner/non-professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will added to this message, which is June's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until exactly 7 days from now (please check this post's date and time), so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Owner or other non-professionally finished instruments only this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 OldTelecasterMan

SuperWide Warmoth Neck
Soloist Flat top body with a Telecaster rout and reverse bridge pickup
All parts, except pickups, ordered through Warmoth.
Tom Anderson pickups

My wife hand painted the guitar. I helped with the clouds. I sanded off the paint 3 times before she liked how it looked. Painting with a brush leaves lots of height differences to fill. So lots of clear, probably 5 coats before the first wet sand. Then 3 more wet sands and 4 more coats of clear.

Zsuw5hn.jpg

Bgryukn.jpg

Guitar #2 Zhaezzy

T1Elvv6.jpg

qnCyWek.jpg

Guitar #3 Cyrus Gold

Velocity body, Quilt maple on swamp ash
Gibson conversion Tele neck w abalone inlay. Warmoth standard thin
Gotoh tuners
EVH humbuckers
Custom EVH pots
Original Floyd Rose Tremolo w drop D tuner

Body dye with a mix of  aniline dye sunflower yellow, red and black.
Nitro finish. (Lots of thanks to the group for all the finish advice.. esp Tonar!)

jVRcIVz.jpg

ilb6hxD.jpg

Guitar #4 Great Ape

Basswood Strat body, wood burned & hand painted; Wenge neck, '59 Roundback, ivoroid bound ebony fingerboard, 6150 frets, sealed Gotoh tuners; Seymour Duncan 'vintage p-90' & 'antiquity' hmbkr...vintage-style trem.

qKxmfZV.jpg

L1aeJyc.jpg

Guitar #5 davegardner0

Body - Alder Warmoth G4
Neck - Maple Warmoth SSB 30" Scale
Finish - French Polished Shellac over Aniline Dye Purple Burst
Headstock - Custom Designed Decals
Electronics - Bartolini Classic Bass Pickups with NTMB+ Preamp
Bridge - Gotoh 201 High Mass
Tuners - Hipshot Ultralight
Nut - White TUSQ XL
Strings - D'Addario Half Rounds

L1U0HhQ.jpg

zBTtRIc.jpg

That's owner finished? There's a local guy who does a ton of airbrush work, and did a series of Zion's airbrushed guitars in the 80's.  But dang.

All awesome submissions this month!!  Pretty sure I know which one I'm voting for though!!  :headbang:

Back