Jazzmaster advice

starjag

Hello there!  I am trying to order a Jazzmaster body and am struggling a bit with the options.

My idea is to build a Jazzmaster with a Tele-type bridge similar to the one here http://www.elliottguitarsnc.com/peterstroudsignature/#

I know that I want the P90 x P90 pickup option... but what about the routing options?

Is Top Rout with Vintage Tele (String-Through Mounting) the only detail that I need to specify?

Thanks!

Top rout jazzmaster, string through tele bridge, p90 routing.

I'm sure you are well aware, but it won't hurt to ask.. you know those are traditional jazzmaster pups in there, right?

Cool.  Thanks.  Yes, no problems with those traditional Jazzmaster pickups (if I can find the proper bridge that is :).

starjag said:
Cool.  Thanks.  Yes, no problems with those traditional Jazzmaster pickups (if I can find the proper bridge that is :).
The proper bridge? Just saw off and file down a tele bridge. Might I ask what that has to do with the pickups?  :icon_scratch:

>My idea is to build a Jazzmaster with a Tele-type bridge similar to the one here http://www.elliottguitarsnc.com/peterstroudsignature/#

strat or tele bridges leave too much unused space between the bridge and the end of the body (strap pin) and looks odd, in my opinion.

the traditional jazzmaster/jaguar tremolo normally covers up this space well.

one other thing i have seen cover this space well is the tuneomatic/string-thru option that warmoth offers.

Glendale also makes a bridge to fit a basic strat hardtail rout which uses the tele saddles. Looks like quality stuff, but expensive.

vtpcnk said:
strat or tele bridges leave too much unused space between the bridge and the end of the body (strap pin) and looks odd, in my opinion.

There are....other options.

Manson%20Black%20Midi%20Guitar.jpg

Haha

It's the guts of a Korg Kaoss Pad. Basically a touch-sensitive filter modulator. It can do distortion, phasing, delay, and pretty much any other effect guitarists use.

>errr,  WTF is that big ass panel behind the bridge?

yeow!!!

i think the tele bridge looks much better now :)

Back