It actually turned out quite good in the end... (and it's NOT the last one <3 )

C

Cederick

I made some completely mad thread about this guitar a few weeks ago... But after reconsidering my intentions with the guitar I came to a good solution.

My first idea was to have another racer strat with HSS config, but I couldn't use the R4 nut with wide string width because of how the frets are beveled (my previous necks had less bevel, more like 10 degrees instead of 30, so R4 nut was never an issue in the past)... But I thought, eh, I really need a SSS guitar for clean guitar recording, so why not this?

So I got an R2 nut instead, which has narrower spacing. So I don't slip off as often anymore, it feels OK.

I put EMG SAVs in because I wanted the silence of active pickups, and they look like regular singlecoils so thats a bonus. They sound good, at least for my intentions; they even work decently with metal distortion  :headbang1:

345kdmx.jpg

[youtube]U0wuBz-lHx8[/youtube]
And this is my first try out, just going through each pickup combination
[youtube]D31Arv_4mNM[/youtube]

So, at least I am happy it all turned out good in the end. I love it. Stays in tune as perfectly as a Floyd Rose can, has nice sound and has low enough action for some shredding, but not too low. My other racer guitars have lower, but this one isn't a racer guitar in first hand anyway hahaha  :icon_biggrin:

And I want to make more Warmoth guitars in the future... They always end being too good to not make another one  :sad:

I'm glad it ultimately worked out for you.  I know you were quite upset for a while. It's a handsome guitar, and your playing is really excellent.  Thanks for sharing, and for walking back the outrage a little, as well. 

That's awesome that it worked out for you dude, it's an amazing looking guitar.

Glad it worked out for you in the end!  I know it can be tricky ordering stuff from a looong way away.  Glad it's all sorted.

Thanks guys

Yeah it's quite awesome. But this MIGHT be my last Floyd Rose guitar  :toothy12: I love Floyds, but I think I wanna go back to where I started... So the next one will be a hardtail guitar.  :headbang1:

DMRACO said:
Nice.  A little Jake E Lee inspired strat.  Classy

I would say more Adrian Smith haha. But with my own take (no inlays, white pickups etc etc)

Guess if my next one will be... a white / black strat, or a purple dyed gold hardware Regal?  :icon_biggrin:

Haha, soryr.. It's going to be a white/black strat  :toothy12: that's like the only thing I'm interested in... Haha.

Back