Is this normal? (Hipshot Hardtail Bridge Route)

alexreinhold

I just received my new body - however, Warmoth did not send me back my Hipshot mail-in bridge. This made me wonder if they actually followed my special instruction request. Plus, there seems to be a little glitch there (see attached images). Can anyone actually recognize if this is a Hipshot or Fender routing? And is this glitch normal?

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 111
Alex
If you are referring to the gouge in the body, next to the ferrule holes in the first body shot as a slip up, I think that's the groundwire rout to the control cavity. The bridge is normally used as a ground for passive loaded pickups.
Also, the return of the bridge should be with the body....So I'd ring Warmoth about that.

Yeah, i was thinking the hole is for grounding. I still can't help but to look at it as a glitch.

Bridge is definitely missing although invoice says custom order mail in bridge. Will ring them later. Already sent an email

The holes are Hipshot, at least by sight. You can tell because the two outside mounting screws are offset compared to the string-thru holes. On a Fender the mounting holes are all centered to the string-thru pairs.

The diagonal hole is, indeed, for the bridge ground. You run the wire through, strip a generous length and then screw down the bridge on top of it.

Confirmed that everything is alright. Warmoth will send me the bridge soon. Thank god Tru-Oil has a month drying time :)

Confirming.  The above is correct.  Looks good and normal.
As to the whereabouts of your bridge, maybe it's in another package?

Back