iphone pic of new J/P bass

toasterdude

I am not a bass player and barely play guitar but I wanted a bass and my fiance ordered me this one for my 50th Bday. It arrived almost 2 months late but that is not a problem.

Dinky J Bass body in Black korina
3 tone burst
birds eye P Bass neck with 1 11/16 nut
malagasy rosewood board
Bad ass III bridge
Fralin Jazz Bass pickups
2 volume, 2 tone pots in matching gold hardware.

542765_4874400775629_36366714_n by toasterdude, on Flickr

That's sharp!

I'm not a bass player, either. But, every once in a while I feel like I gotta have one, so I bought a 5 string Jazz bass some time back. I'm kinda sorry I did, because of units like yours; I can't justify owning more than one. Maybe one of these days I'll toss it in the fireplace so I can cry for a minute then build something like you've got there. Nice piece.

Cagey, you are way off base (hah!) there.  Every one needs at least four basses.  Two fives and two fours, fretted and fretless.  That way you can get the Jazz pickups, the MM pickups, the Precision pickups, and if you are a bit out there, the TV Jones pickups.  Sure they might not all get a ton of use, but they are there when you really need them.  It is a simple numbers game, swap necks if you need to have different options, but you really have to cover all of yer bases.  Oi...
Patrick

Very nice jazz bass thats for sure =].

So far I've settled on 5:

Active 5 string medium Gecko.
Humbucker + j Z bass(Current).
P + J Z bass.
Dual Humbucker Z Bass.
And either a Pure Precision or Jazz Z bass.

Sure there will be more on that list. Slightly still contemplating making a IceBird, Iceman with Thunderbird type pickups.

Patrick from Davis said:
Cagey, you are way off base (hah!) there.  Every one needs at least four basses.  Two fives and two fours, fretted and fretless.  That way you can get the Jazz pickups, the MM pickups, the Precision pickups, and if you are a bit out there, the TV Jones pickups.  Sure they might not all get a ton of use, but they are there when you really need them.  It is a simple numbers game, swap necks if you need to have different options, but you really have to cover all of yer bases.  Oi...

If I had the slightest idea what to do with a bass, I'd have a pile of them. But, I play them like a guitar, which as I'm sure you know is just wrong. It's a different instrument, with a different philosophy. Me playing bass is cats playing dogs. They're similar in that they're four-legged domesticated carnivores, but those are gross characteristics. The reality is they're substantially different. Dogs can't tuna fish <grin>

Patrick from Davis said:
"One in a million Girl..."  Now I am going to have the Tubes stuck in my head all day.

Damn. Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head all day. For pop rock, it's a very compelling tune.

Where's my YouTube tab...?

Back