I'm Getting old

OzziePete said:
OK just some random observations from me...
* It would seem that the systems of education are very laissez faire, and by that, I mean that the opportunities to succeed are there but there is no one pushing you greatly towards that goal. From what I have seen, the kids get told where they have to be, what is at school to help them achieve it etc. but once they reach high school and learn to talk back at teachers, no one takes them to task when they veer away from that til their behaviour becomes a criminal matter!

* That means they react very indignantly to any intervention as they are not used to being corrected, they take great umbrage to being told 'no'.

* It leads to a lack of respect for those who are actually in positions of authority trying to tell these people that the answer is no, NO, NO!!! and a demanding nature from them whenever they seek service, bordering upon a boorish behaviour or sheer arrogance...(Why can't I have that.  :confused4:...)

* I have observed this attitude still pervading amongst young adults now, an attitude they picked up in high school and still continue with.

* Whenever the 'penny drops' and they find themselves in a no win situation the usual method of saving face is blame everything or everybody else for their failure....they find it hard to accept failure or accept responsibility. They also believe that saying 'sorry' is the 'get-out-of-jail-card' word to say for any manner of indiscretion or illegality.

True true, specially on the last part, i messed up first year of  university due to not getting most of the work for the second semester done,
Sure i could blame it on my dad passing away before i went up there, or my B**** of an Ex, but i know i messed up, luckily passed the resit first semester,
and so far i know ive passed one unit of the resit second semester, just waiting for the results at the end of damn june ¬¬.

Could've just quit like quite a few of my friends from last year did,
but i went back, righted the stupid failings that happened last year, and hopefully ill be on the second year from september,
but due to what my grades Would have been if i wasn't capped at a pass for this retake year, definately know i can do what they ask in the second year,
just got to do much as possible to get best as possible, to make up for the low grades ill be capped at this year.

Lifes a b**** but generally its my own fault, Coming to accept that helps, Now i feel like a Douche for what i was like before university,
and theres quite a few apologies ill never get to have, but least i can do for the old man is succeed how he wanted me to.

Besides, im better with computers than i would be in retail work. So ive got no choice  :laughing7:

Orpheo said:
@marko: she's doing VWO (en, ps: onze relatie is al meer dan 2 jaar gewoon legaal hoor, en de 2 jaar daarvoor was het rechtsgeldig met toestemming van de ouders, en dat was er, dus; whats your problem? jaloers? ;) )

Niet Jaloers, is het gatverdamme. U bent gemakkelijk verward.   :icon_jokercolor:

The tulips... the funky wooden shoes... their fingers in their dykes!!!

Yes, the Dutch must be watched closely.... :eek: :redflag: :eek:ccasion14:

hahaha
ok, well let me get out of here on my clogs, back to my windmill in the red light district.. eating some cheese and schmokin a pancake...

Marko said:
Orpheo,
there is a reason why your relationship would be illegal on this side of the pond!!!  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

(wat doet ze? MAVO? HAVO? VWO?)

Orpheo.jpg

Super Nigerian Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Marko said:
Orpheo,
there is a reason why your relationship would be illegal on this side of the pond!!!  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

(wat doet ze? MAVO? HAVO? VWO?)

Orpheo.jpg
and the URL of that pic is crazy, haha. If i were to pic them even younger, they'd tear in half!

@pabloman: sorry man, had to post it on my facebook page :D

stubhead said:

The Rainbow Alliance are closely watching all Dutch and documenting any abuses.
pride-2007-castro-rainbow-flag.jpg

OzziePete said:
stubhead said:

yea, ah, well, OK

OzziePete said:
stubhead said:

Relax, we have them covered from the south... ehhh.... oh well, nevermind...

Back