I can't go on like this! Telecaster glory....

italoop

Have an extra Tele neck around, one I got from last winter big sale, roasted maple with indian rosewood fretboard. It wakes me up at night, singing melodies. It's like whispering "what am I doing here, in this box? Feels like a coffin! I'm supposed to be out there, tied to a body and SCREAM music all the time. Come on, man... don't be cruel, wake up and get me a slab to sing to..." Can you believe that?
:devilish:
Got 10 gtrs and 6 of 'em are Warmoth... and I need help, I know.

Soooo
Warmoth had this UNBELIEVABLE Tele body in the showcase, all Black Korina.. a wood that is mesmerizing me and it's the closest thing to mahogany I can get as Warmoth doesn't ship maho outside of the us, unfotunately. That's a wood I love, on my 1991 PRS and 2012 Les Paul. Had a 1984 ES175 with sides and back of mahogany and the thing sounded beautifully.
Also... I got inspired by AirForce1 Redwood/Mahogany Telecaster build and just couldn't resist this Telecaster body below.
Chambered Black Korina body and top. Clear gloss. 4.06 Lb.

Plan is to avoid a pickguard on such a dramatic spectacular wood. Hardware will be gold or black. Don't like the chrome on this. And will likely get some similar wood to create a small frame for the neck pickup instead of using a metal one. Have to think about this.... and do some tests...
Pickups? I want to go cheap AND still have great tones. Heard these True Custom Shop "Wicked T" pickups and floored me... very cheap on Ebay.
God help me! I should have played piano...

4.06P_Solid_Korina.pngBlack Korina Front.pngBlack Korina Back.png

Ohhhh that’s a good score, they lined that grain up perfect for ya. Korina / limba is, IMHO, even better than mahogany. It tends to be lighter weight and white limba finishes into a beautiful blonde color and takes other colors great too.

I've been wanting a black korina jazzmaster like this forever, but I'm waiting for them to bring back unique choice... 😭

The wood is perfect on that tele.

Yep! That would be right about time to bring back!
I have never had a korina guitar. Hopefully the sound will amaze me...

I would not go chesp on the pickups, your in deep enough that an extra $100 to get what you want is justified
Thank you!
Well.. I would like a set of pickups that can be twangy enough AND jazzy too. I know.... these are the opposite of the whole range.
But these pickups seem to have it and enough push too. What's not to like?

Back