I bumped into Nikki Sixx today.

If Warmoth is there, they must be under a different name, or they must not have a booth, because I can't find them in the directory.  If I knew where to look, that would have been my first stop. 

I took a bunch of pictures yesterday, but I still have today to look around.  So I will probably post some stuff when I get back this evening. 

I finally got up to the 3rd floor to see the circus that is the Fender area and the Gibson room.  I plugged in the new '59 Les Paul reissue, I'll talk more about that later.  Wanted to also plug in the new standard and the Axcess, but after I put the '59 back, someone stole my listening station and I never saw another open one.  I did get a free tee shirt though.  Free things are my favorite!  I also discovered yesterday that Tanglewood acoustic guitars are kinda fun.  I played this one that looks kinda like a parlor guitar. I really liked the feel of all of those. They also had a guitar there that had compensated frets rather than a compensated bridge or nut, so the frets were all squiggly.  I talked to the designer and played some of the other stuff he designed, and it all sounded really nice and had some serious volume, cause I could hear it well even in the din.  I think today I'm going to take some noise cancelling headphones and a jack adapter so I can plug in and actually hear the guitars at more booths.  I really want to try the new Breedlove solid body. 

hannaugh said:
They also had a guitar there that had compensated frets rather than a compensated bridge or nut, so the frets were all squiggly.  I talked to the designer and played some of the other stuff he designed, and it all sounded really nice and had some serious volume, cause I could hear it well even in the din.

These guys?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
hannaugh said:
I could have, but I didn't really have anything to say to him.  It would be like that Mitch Hedberg bit where he was talking about meeting Peter Frampton.  I would have said "Nikki Sixx, do you like toast too?  As do I, it is warm and crispy!"

"...and it provides a nice surface to spread jelly.  And there I was, smoking fake dope with the real Peter Frampton.  Which was weird because I'd smoked real dope before with people that looked like Peter Frampton."

I fudging love Hedberg. RIP. :(

"We used to go to the woods to do acid because there is much less of a chance of running into an authority figure.  But we ran into a bear, and that is much more of a buzz kill.  My friend Dwayne had one hand in the air and was swearing to always prevent forest fires.  Afterward he came up and put his arm around me and said 'Mitchell, Smokey is way more intense in person.'"

Man, I miss Mitch. 

By the way, I posted all my photos and stuff from the show on the NAMM 2009 thread in the General Discussion forum.

Back