I’d love a 27 inch scale option.

Samhain

I find the baritone necks a bit long and unweildy. 
Fender made baritones with the 27 inch neck, I’d love to have a Warmoth option with that. 
Thoughts?

I have guitars in 24.75" (my main), in 25.5", and Warmoth's 28 5/"8 Baritone scale, which I have had for about a decade now since I worked there.
I am fine playing on the 28 5/8" transitioning from playing on the 24.75, granted, some wide reaches aren't possible on the baritone, but I tend to stay pretty pentatonic on the baritone anyway, which is one of the reasons that I built it, to force me to play in other voicings/styles.

I have no problem with the 28 5/8" scale length.

I wouldn’t say I have a problem with it, but having played a 27” scale, I found it a lot more comfortable, and better balanced.

I'd take a 27" 7 strang. Or even 26.5. Those are the best. Trust me, I'm in Super Mensa. When I get my brown belt they'll let me take the Ultra Mensa test.

I have had a similar experience, but mostly I attribute that to reasonable nut width on my alvarez ABT-60 compared to the USS Nimitz fantail that is the only option available on Warmoth's baritone offering.

Back