How well does Warmoth stand behind their products?

RyanRC

Hello all
First time poster here so I hope all this is coming off respectfully, but I am interested in getting a neck made to my own desired combination of Fender designs and so far found that most of the makers at least via their online options do not seem to offer just what I am looking for, but Warmoth does come the closest.

Also at least per the blank I would like something as closest to an original Fender Stratocaster designed neck as possible and Warmoth is licensed so I at least hope that will be the case.

Having said all that, I have read some pretty bad things about them online and herd the same in person where while I am sure everyone makes some bad parts from time to time, the most common thing I hear about Warmoth is they never want to take a bad part back and almost right off either deny its bad and/or say the person who is saying that it is does not know what they are talking about, or try to blame who ever they can that they or the people they hired to do the work didn’t do something with it correctly.

Mind you all the same have said that if you do get a good part which more often then not is the case then you are fine, but the main problem is that they just will fight you hard if the product was made bad by them as they will not stand behind that and take the bad part back and replace it with a good one.

So again, I hope I am not aggravating anyone here or violating any rules by saying or asking about this, but as this seems to be a place I might get the most feed back from, I just thought I would ask if anyone here had a bad out of the box product replaced and with no hassles by them?

Thanks

Hi there, and welcome.

I have never had a bad part from warmoth, but I know folks who have.  They have all had no issues with sending something back, as long as you don't do something to violate the warranty.  This would include:
1 - drilling any holes in it
2 - mounting a neck on a guitar
3 - putting a finish on it
4 - filing the frets or sanding other parts
5 - generally changing it in any way.

All this means that you need to inspect the part very well before you make any changes to it.  In your case, you need to decide that the neck is defective before you make changes to it.  Then returns are no problem.

I special ordered a Gibson scale conversion neck with a paddlehead headstock. When it arrived, it was a Fender scale neck. They had no problem taking it back and sending the correct one out as quickly as they could. It was such a fine neck I thought about just keeping it but I did want the 24-3/4" scale. Customer service is not an issue with Warmoth.

I've encountered very, very few complaints about Warmoth's products or customer service.

Over 16 years I probably placed over 60 orders with Warmoth. Each would have been for a neck, or body, or both.
I can recall only 3 issues and only in recent years, I suspect I've become very critical of any minor thing as I got older ;-) :
- Strat jack hole drilled a little too close to the body's top, not leaving enough wood for a screw to be properly secured (turned endlessly. Although they considered it still 'within specs', they accepted a return without any issue even though I had already drilled the mounting holes (even the pickguard ones if I recall).

- rough edge/paint on the left side of the neck pocket of a Tele showcase body. Normally I would have sanded it myself but in this particular it would likely have exposed wood along that edge. Sent it back, no problem.

- on the recent Soloist body (Work In Progress) I got, the same left edge of the neck pocket had some wood chipping. It would have deserved to be caught by QA. Since it was an unfinished body, and I was comfortable sanding it, I took care of it myself and didn't even bother emailing that (just so they're aware, nothing more). Even without that chipping along the edge I considered this side of the neck pocket to be way too thin to my taste compared to Strat/Tele bodies, finishing that 'as is' would I think have been a guaranteed finish crack or worse over time.

I can only say my personal experiences have been very good.  I find good communication is a two way street and goes a long way in the less likely event you may need help.

I've always got high quality items from Warmoth. Anything attributed to user error should never be the companies problem. Examples: Incorrect installation, improper care, sub par self finishing. I got a neck from Warmoth at the beginning of the year, and it was perfect out of the box. I did put a finish on it, but. The nut slots were spot on, the neck screw holes were perfect, everything. So, I wonder if people who complain about QC issues are actually misusing and improperly installing things on their Warmoth products. There is no quality guitar part made that can't be screwed up by incompetent hands.  :dontknow:

About 10 years ago I got a neck with a shoddy nut install and they took it back and replaced it without any problem. That’s the only issue I’ve had over decades.

Back