Hog/rosewood body and birdseye neck

oldfrets

UPS dropped off some goodies yesterday, and the last parts are on their way from Fralin as well. It's going to be a fun weekend of sticking myself with the Dremel and soldering iron!

iuEem8X.jpg

5Z6tr1t.jpg

NeckBody
ConstructionVintage/ModernConstructionSolid
Shaft WoodBirdseye MapleCore WoodMahogany
Fretboard WoodEbonyLam Top WoodIndian Rosewood
Nut Width1.650" (42mm) - Vintage MediumRight / Left HandedRight-Handed
Right / Left HandedRight-HandedControl CavityRear Rout
Neck Back Profile59 RoundbackNeck Pickup RoutHumbucker
Fretboard RadiusStraight 9.5"Middle Pickup RoutNone
Number of Frets21Bridge Pickup RoutHumbucker
Fret Size & MaterialSS6105 - Narrow & Tall (Stainless)Control LayoutLP Controls
Tuner Hole SizePlanet Waves (13/32")ControlsVolume 1, Volume 2, Tone 1, Tone 2, Upper Toggle Hole
Inlay ShapeStandard DotsJack Rout7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
Inlay MaterialCreamBridge Rout TypeHardtail
Side DotsWhite Side DotsBridge RoutFender American Standard Strat® Flat Mount
String NutStandard Nut - GraphTech White TUSQ XLMounting HolesStandard 4-Bolt
Mounting HolesStandard 4-BoltNeck Pocket ShapeTele® w/ 720 Mod
Neck Heel ShapeTele® ShapeBinding & Edge DecorationsIvoroid Binding
FinishVintage Tint Satin Nitro (Maple/Non-Maple)Body UpgradesOne Piece

Some things I can live with; the overspray on the pickup routs can be sanded away to let the pickups actually fit in there.

But not having any connection between the bridge pickup rout and the control cavity is going to be a problem. 😲

Some things I can live with; the overspray on the pickup routs can be sanded away to let the pickups actually fit in there.

But not having any connection between the bridge pickup rout and the control cavity is going to be a problem. 😲
It looks like there is a hole for the bridge ground just above the bridge holes… Does it not go through? Maybe clogged by the finish?

It may look daunting, but with a long bit that fix is easy FYI (channel to pu cavity)

Yup, I've seen it done and I'm sure I can do it; it just means another trip to the hardware store tomorrow for an extra-long bit.

Yup, I've seen it done and I'm sure I can do it; it just means another trip to the hardware store tomorrow for an extra-long bit.
I hear ya. Once I got a set of them I find I use them a lot for household stuff. Wiring, carriage bolts, guitars, etc. etc. you may too!!

That top is gorgeous! And this from a guy who is completely over fancy wood grain guitars.

Very elegant.

In other news, why the tele heel?
I spec them on all mybuilds and am always curious as to other's reasons.

I don't understand the question either. This was an off-the-shelf body and neck so I just went with the specs that were already there, but I see no reason to go for a Strat heel when assembling a Tele either.

The good news: I drilled the hole for the pickup leads, it went fine, and I even avoided nicking the ground wire that was already installed. The bad news is that the pots I bought are too short - but that's entirely my own fault. Long-shaft pots are supposed to arrive today.

I do it so I can swap necks easily. My first was a tele, so I guess that is the underlying reason for me too.

Okay, you can put a Strat neck in a Tele body but not the other way around so I suppose you get Tele pockets also in Strats?

Back