Hipshot Hardtail bridge route option

jacobarber

I've seen a couple of posts from people who would like to have this particular routing option.  It'd be different if the bridge fit the current '3/16" String through body holes only' option without additional drilling (minus the screwholes).  But it doesn't, and I've read that the holes need to be drilled larger and the outside holes have to be drilled inward.

I understand that it's not reasonable to add an entire option for just a few people, but I think these bridges are getting a little more popular.  I'm assuming it's not the easiest thing to add a new routing option like this, but at least consider it.  I really like the look of this bridge and would love to have the ability to install one on a guitar I am going to be ordering from Warmoth in the very near future.

i would like to see options for all of hipshots bass bridges, like the A, B, Trans tone and the new Super tone (on the thunder bird). that would be kick ass.

RPIcka said:
Dido, would love to see a drilling option for Hipshots fixed bridge
It appears that Hipshot's aim was to be a direct replacement for Fender. When we brought the bridge in to have a look at, it was not a direct replacement and alerted Hipshot of that fact and forwarded the dimentional differences to them. Never heard anything from them about it so it could be that they have another 1000 of them on the shelf to sell before they make a dimensional manufacturing change. It doesn't make much sense for us to set up for this bridge if they will eventually change to become a real retrofit for something we already drill for.

Gregg Stewart said:
RPIcka said:
Dido, would love to see a drilling option for Hipshots fixed bridge
It appears that Hipshot's aim was to be a direct replacement for Fender. When we brought the bridge in to have a look at, it was not a direct replacement and alerted Hipshot of that fact and forwarded the dimentional differences to them. Never heard anything from them about it so it could be that they have another 1000 of them on the shelf to sell before they make a dimensional manufacturing change. It doesn't make much sense for us to set up for this bridge if they will eventually change to become a real retrofit for something we already drill for.

Well that makes a good bit of sense.  I appreciate the insightful response.  Have you guys had a noticable number of similar requests for the Hipshot?

Yes, we do get a number of requests for it. We think it's a cool bridge.

Back