Help Me Not Screw Everything Up

Ok, so my original plan was to get a 24” scale neck for a Jaguar that I already own, but I just discovered the whole 7/8 body compatibility thing…and find myself intrigued.

I’ve already ordered the neck (roasted maple/roasted maple), which has a 12-16 radius, jumbo SS frets, 1.650” nut width, TUSQ XL nut, and 10mm tuner holes.

Is there any reason I couldn’t—or shouldn’t—pair that with a 7/8 S-Type body? I’m thinking of going with roasted swamp ash for both core and top (I want it to be hecka lite) and a tremolo rout so I can install a Vega trem (Standard Strat trem rout right?) Oh, and I’d be putting humbuckers in the bridge and neck.

Anyway, I’ve never done anything like this and want to make sure I don’t screw it up, so any advice you have is MUCH appreciated!

P.S. Please pray for my wallet.

looks like the scale length for the 7/8th is 24.75 compared to 24. I would think that would throw quite a bit out of wack.

Info under the scale length fit section:
There are a bunch of threads where people talk about putting the 24” scale necks on the 7/8 bodies. Apparently they intonate correctly. Seems counterintuitive, but it apparently works.

looks like the scale length for the 7/8th is 24.75 compared to 24. I would think that would throw quite a bit out of wack.

Info under the scale length fit section:

Normally, mixing and matching scale lengths that would be good to advise however in this case, it is not the case.

The 24" scale Mustang/Jaguar necks do indeed intonate on the Warmoth 7/8 bodies. Forum member @Logrinn has built several of them successfully.

Is there any reason I couldn’t—or shouldn’t—pair that with a 7/8 S-Type body? I’m thinking of going with roasted swamp ash for both core and top (I want it to be hecka lite) and a tremolo rout so I can install a Vega trem (Standard Strat trem rout right?) Oh, and I’d be putting humbuckers in the bridge and neck.

No reason you should not if you want to do so. Vega Trems can be fitted to either a standard six screw or two post rout. The six screw is probably an easy option as nothing would pivot on the screws or posts with the Vega Trem. Just be sure to order the correct Vega Trem for the mount you choose. The standard Vega Trem is for the six screw body but uses four screws. A 2 post rout needs the 2 post Vega Trem version.

P.S. Please pray for my wallet.

At this point, it may be too late, or at least for it's contents.

Normally, mixing and matching scale lengths that would be good to advise however in this case, it is not the case.

The 24" scale Mustang/Jaguar necks do indeed intonate on the Warmoth 7/8 bodies. Forum member @Logrinn has built several of them successfully.

No reason you should not if you want to do so. Vega Trems can be fitted to either a standard six screw or two post rout. The six screw is probably an easy option as nothing would pivot on the screws or posts with the Vega Trem. Just be sure to order the correct Vega Trem for the mount you choose. The standard Vega Trem is for the six screw body but uses four screws. A 2 post rout needs the 2 post Vega Trem version.

At this point, it may be too late, or at least for it's contents.
Thanks for the confirmation! Now I just have to decide whether I should buy a body in stock or order one custom and wait a little longer.

Thanks for the confirmation! Now I just have to decide whether I should buy a body in stock or order one custom and wait a little longer.

If there is something in stock in the showcase, you will also save some cash, usually versus ordering custom.

Here is another thread which has more discussion and confirmation which may be useful for anyone in the future as a cross reference.

Last edited:
If there is something in stock in the showcase, you will also save some cash, usually versus ordering custom.

Here is another thread which has more discussion and confirmation which may be useful for anyone in the future as a cross reference.

Is there anything I need to consider with the bridge selection and string spacing? I'm hoping to avoid the strings being too close to the side of the fretboard.

Is there anything I need to consider with the bridge selection and string spacing? I'm hoping to avoid the strings being too close to the side of the fretboard.

With the Vegatrem you mentioned that has narrow string spacing at 53.5mm so nothing there to be concerned about. You just need to make sure the body and neck alignment is correct when you put the neck on.

With the Vegatrem you mentioned that has narrow string spacing at 53.5mm so nothing there to be concerned about. You just need to make sure the body and neck alignment is correct when you put the neck on.
Roger that. Actually, bringing up putting the neck on brings another question to mind: will the pre-drilled holes in the jaguar neck I ordered match up with the 7/8 s-type body?

Back