Help me choose a pickguard please, forum.

hillerheilman

Hey forum.

I need some help deciding on a pickguard, if you would all be so kind.

Here’s the body:

GHzu9mI.jpg

And the neck:

Cq0w6OV.jpg

The pickups are nickel covered humbuckers with black rings around them, the bridge is a Toronado and it’ll have mustang selector switches.

My initial instinct was white pearl, but I think that might just make the stripes look white as well. I thought about vintage pearl to make the color in the stripes pop, but I’m worried it’ll be too yellow and throw the whole thing off. Also considering mint, but I’m entirely unsure how that’d look.

Appreciate any input, y’all.
Thanks.

I love that! A few years ago I built a Mustang that was Lake Placid Blue with a Daphne Blue stripe. I started out with a white pearl pickguard, but it was TOO white. I put vintage pearl on and that was the ticket.

Digging in to old pictures here, but here she is with white:
Assy%206.small.jpeg

And vintage:
Guard.small.jpeg

Here is the thread from mine if you are interested:
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=25643.0

I hope you'll post more on this, I'd love to see it come together!

Alright forum.

I placed the order today, and I went with white pearloid. The deciding factor was that the fretboard inlays are also white, so the pickguard will match and hopefully age consistently with the inlays.

YO that body is straight #FIRE!! gr8 work, m8. i woulda gone pure white picking guard and then put a graphic on it, like a tortoise in space or a hamburger underwater or a astronaut in a desert or a llama in a turtleneck

BroccoliRob said:
YO that body is straight #FIRE!! gr8 work, m8. i woulda gone pure white picking guard and then put a graphic on it, like a tortoise in space or a hamburger underwater or a astronaut in a desert or a llama in a turtleneck

I didn’t do it myself. I just picked the colors and paid a friend of mine to do it with his spray setup. But thank you.

I’ll be sure to post assembled pictures once it all comes together.
Thanks everyone.  :headbang:

Back