Hello, Strangers! A greeting and remix

fdesalvo

It's been such a long time, guys.  I hope each of you is exceedingly well and that life is moving along in the best direction possible.

I've been in hell, but have seen heaven.  4 hours of commuting a day to and from work has beaten me down and robbed me of my spare time. Contemplating changes to make room for a baby in December!  I can't believe I'm going to be a dad!  Some days I feel I'm living a stereotype - moved to CA to "make it" and then got married with a kid on the way.  I'm starting not to care and even though the idea of a single ounce of additional stress is more than I can imagine, I'm learning that I don't need to get crazy. 

Music will take a back seat to raising a son and being a good husband, but it has to remain part of my life.  If my little dude ends up loving music and wanting to pursue things, I'll be happy, but whatever he loves will be supported.  I can't help but imagine us buidling an amp or guitar together in the future.  Of course, by that point, I'll be a senior citizen.  Better late than never haha.

I've made some progress with my mixing and mastering skills, so I wanted to share a quick remix that I just completed.  I added some additional instrumentation and small layers of ear candy that are meant for headphones. After taking a trip back into some of the pop produtions of the 80s, I walked away with an appreciation for what a little reverb can do on a master, so I incorporated a bit of that.  As you'll hear, I've lightlyears more progress to make, but now I've got a useable template for things going fw.  The next battle I face head-on is phasing and mixing in mono.

Cheers, gang!

https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/long-gone

Hi Frank,

Good to hear from you. (And your remixed track)

What awesome news on your new family. I hope you can reduce the commute time for when he comes along.

It's too early to wet the baby's head but in any event: :eek:ccasion14:

Cheers...

Congrats on the coming arrival in the family. Outstanding.

That track sounds really good. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks, brothers!  If anyone wants to dole out dad advice, I may open up a new topic in the OT haha. I'm completely saturated with baby classes and dad bootcamps. Figure instincts will kick in, too.

This forum has really exploded with great music and recordings. So excited to hear what you guys have been up to while I've been away. So much talent here, it's crazy.

I've managed to stay away from the build forums. Can't have the bug right now!  I'm so satisfied with my current guitar, I've become concerned about my GAS. I do have plans for a solid color one in the future.  Same options otherwise. 

:headbang:

Well done! Very impressive.

And congratulations on the family! Kids are a massive pain in the ass until you have one of your own. Everything changes. You think you're in love now? Wait'll the kid's born. Nothing like it.

I'm expecting my second granddaughter in January. Seems like only yesterday my son was just a baby. Now my baby's making babies. Well, he's not exactly a baby at 38 years old. Poor guy's gonna be close to retirement right around the time the girls are gonna be going to college or getting married. Hope he wins the lottery...

Great to hear from you Frank! The track sounds great, as per usual. For what it's worth I was alread pretty impressed with your mixing/production  :headbang:

Many congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Congratulations Dad! All the best to you and your new family, just remember, if there's no pictures, it didn't happen! (Just kidding....)  :icon_thumright:

BigSteve: I'll check to see if the wife is good with the "pre-production" pics.  Many thanks  :toothy12:

VB: Thank you, sir!

Cagey: I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy a kids and sr citizen discount in about 10 years lol.  Thanks for the kind words.  I'm pretty excited!

Logrinn: Thanks, my man!

Steve: Cheers, brother!

Rgang:  :eek:ccasion14:

Stratamania: Def working on getting the commute down, my man.  Cheers!

Back