Headstock Decal Application

Balltongue

I know I'm not alone on this one. If they offered an option to have the decal professionally applied, I'd gladly pay for that. I really hope this becomes an option one day.
Hs8mm0G.png

It'd be nice, but I believe it's specifically disallowed in the Fender license.

I've got some waterslide decal "paper" on order to make some logos for my guitars.  Once applied, I plan to spray with some satin clear-coat.  I'm going to practice on some scrap wood first, however.  Two to three coats should be adequate, and I don't think it will be that difficult. 

I think you're going to want/need more than 2 or 3 coats. That's probably the point where you'll start to sand back. Just lightly at first, then once per coat for several more until the decal is buried in the finish. You don't want to see any edges, else people will laugh and point and make fun of your ancestry.

Got it. Can you tell I'm new at some of this stuff?  :laughing7:

Regarding the ancestry bit, they do that, anyway.  :toothy12:

We're all new at this stuff at some point. But, you have to dare to suck. The only people not making mistakes are those who aren't doing anything. It's what's known in the A->D conversion and sorting algorithm worlds as "successive approximation". Each attempt to refine is progressively more accurate until eventually, you nail the target.

AutoBat said:
It'd be nice, but I believe it's specifically disallowed in the Fender license.

Yup. This will never, ever be an option.

Back