Haywire-Luthier in Myrtle Beach and Conway South Carolina

Haywire Custom Guitars Website info :  http://www.HaywireCustomGuitars.com

2007 Lee's Landing Circle
Conway, SC 29526

E-Mail: Haywire@sccoast.net

Phone us @ 1-843-347-5742                                   

HaywireCustomGuitars.com is one of the BEST custom guitar sites on the WWWeb

Haywire Guitar Custom Guitars-Home of the "Gig Ready" Guitar!

At Haywire we use Warmoth necks on the customization of  all of our new Guitars.

"Each Haywire Guitar goes through our exclusive 8-point :guitaristgif:'gig ready' process. Take it out of the box, tune it up, and walk on stage with a guitar that plays like you've spent months getting it just right!"

Rick Mariner - Owner of Haywire Value Priced Guitars a member of The Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans (A.S.I.A.) and a guitar player. Haywire developed an 8 - Point “Gig-Ready” guitar process that allows for the building of Haywire Custom Guitars that are GIG-READY. With many years of development and guitar design experience, we pride ourselves in helping to build the Just Right Haywire guitar for you at prices well below market.

Repairs modifications and custom guitar requests are also available at Haywire Guitar. They can usually be completed in one day.

Stratocasters, Telecasters - offering a choice of body color, chrome or gold hardware and standard stock pick-ups for a value added guitar Full featured on- line price quote customize your guitar and get an & immediate quote from Haywire Custom Guitars.

Each Haywire Custom Guitar comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and Unique serial number so you can
identify your guitar and we can identify our workmanship which is guaranteed a full year.

Expert advice on your guitar purchase, guitar repairs, pick-ups modifications, Buzz  Feiten Tuning System, neck shaving, hand profiling and more...

Premium guitar parts from respected guitar manufacturers, including: EMG, Fender Haywire Strats Telecasters, Warmoth and more.... Get it ALL at: HaywireCustomGuitars.com....building satisfied players one Haywire guitar at a time.

Sincerely,
Rick Mariner
Haywire Custom Guitar Shop

Thank You so much-dbw!! 

It's good to be here!

I enjoy reading everyone's take on Guitars. I also am so glad to have
found Warmoth products. They are such good quality.  A great neck makes all
the difference and set ups are a breeze. A great Warmoth body makes alignments a non-issue.

No matter what shape the economy is in there is always room at the top for
a good solid Quality product line from a Great company like Warmoth .
Congrats to them for giving
America a good name in the Custom Guitar Biz!

Sincerely,
Rick Mariner
Haywire Custom Shop
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Do you know bassist Steve Bailey? I saw "Myrtle Beach" and immediately though of his "Bass at the Beach" camp. Welcome to this site! I'm not a big fan of the Stew-Mac bodies, but they can be worked around. There's a ton of people making bodies these days, but that Warmoth truss rod rules IMO.

Dear Stubhead,

Thank You-Sir!!

Yes, I played with Steve at Pawleys Island Tavern in 2004. He is a great player. He teaches at The Coastal Carolina University here in Conway as well.

I don't use Stew-Mac bodies very often Stubhead. I'm not a big fan of the Stew-Mac bodies either but I have them on the site because they are-1) Readily available and in stock  2) Available in a large variety of colors and styles  3) Get delivered extremely quickly  4) Are tailor made for very impatient customers who refuse to wait 6-8 weeks for a Warmoth body. We do refinish a lot of Fender bodies also.

I have maybe used 3-4 of them in the last 8 years. I do however, either build one or always check the showcase first before I resort to Stew-Mac.

Sincerely,
Rick Mariner

Haywire Custom Shop

I looked at your site... lots of cool guitars!   :eek: :eek:  I like the carved-top "stratitele" or whatever you called it... who makes those bodies?

Where did you find the strat PG cut for a tele bridge?  Or did you make it yourself?  Those are cool too  :eek:ccasion14:

Thank You so much for your kind words!
We do the pick guards for the Stratotelia (like-Genitalia for ex.) because they require a different cut depending on the manufacturer
of the Tele bridges. Each is individually custom cut. It's hard to find stuff like that. Even the guard companies have a hard time with those,
so... we do it. Besides, it's so much faster than waiting on deliveries. Below is a "TeleStrater".

It's like breeding guitars- next will be an SG and Explorer! Also there are alot of nice looking guitars on the site.

Thanks Greg!!  Appreciate all of your help and great assistance. You guys are just great!!
I can' say enough about how good the quality is and all the super people you have working there.
It's so much easier as a builder, to have quality products to work with. You got 'em!!

Just finished this last week........Rick Mariner
HaywireCustomGuitars.com-Warmoth SG Special! The body is a Warmoth mahogany & neck is a Warmoth Maple with an Ebony fret board with Stainless Steel frets, The face dots are the same size and material as the neck dots. The nut is graphite. The tune-o-matic bridge is a Gotoh and the tuners are The big Grovers. There are six Telecaster® ferrules in the back.

Thanks Luke! I finished this one-two days before.....soft V profile (Clapton) maple neck
stainless steel frets-SS6105 fretwire
Compound radius
1-5/8” Corian nut + Standard Tele headstock with the new logo
alder body + String through
White or white-black-white standard Tele pickguard - .09”
Bridge as on Jeff’s Boogie, with roller saddles
Electrosocket
Chrome hardware
Standard Tele controls
Grover tuners
Big knobs
Pickups:
    Lollar Vintage T Series Neck Pickup (with cover)
Lollar Special T Bridge Series Pickup

Where's that Tele roller bridge come from? Slick.... I see Southeast Music has 'em, which usually means an import, but if the bridge's great, fine by me.

Back