Got wood!

ragamuffin

After quite a bit of obsession I ordered some wood for my next build! For the body I went with a nice slab of black korina, and since maple is kind of boring I decided on this gorgeous piece of figured bubinga for the top.

0stjNcT.jpg

LngGVGl.jpg

The build will be a thinline/semihollow carved top, possibly with one f-hole. Yes, I am ABSOLUTELY going to practice on some other hardwood before doing any work on the bubinga top haha.

Looks nice! I can't wait to see the final results! I have some hardwood pieces to practice on if you are interested. The are both 14" x 2" x 1/4" thick. One is alder and one is walnut. I bought them to practice applying Tru oil on. I applied TO to one side of the walnut but haven't done anything to the alder. $20 to cover shipping and it's yours.

Michael

Black Korina might be my fav' wood for aesthetics.

Might I enquire, where do you get the wood from?

Michaelga said:
Looks nice! I can't wait to see the final results! I have some hardwood pieces to practice on if you are interested. The are both 14" x 2" x 1/4" thick. One is alder and one is walnut. I bought them to practice applying Tru oil on. I applied TO to one side of the walnut but haven't done anything to the alder. $20 to cover shipping and it's yours.

Michael

Thank you for the offer, but for practicing the top carve I would need thicker wood (around 3/4" thick)

rauchman said:
Black Korina might be my fav' wood for aesthetics.

Might I enquire, where do you get the wood from?

I've been dying to do a black korina body, love the look

Ordered it from Commercial Forest Products, cfp_woodoutlet on ebay

Back