Going to in-person events at long last!

Sadie-f

We went to Halloween themed burlesque last night, OMG so much fun! So many beautiful women (plenty of different pronouns on the stage). There were some astounding drag kings, especially in the final number.

The venue is masks required when not eating / drinking and and vaccination required for entry so it felt safe, the burlesque troupe was super elated, their first live performance in 2 years .. I think it's hard for exhibitionists to get their thrills va zoom.

heck yeah my dude. drag shows are a HOOT! i'm vaxxed, waxed, and ready 4 action, but my friend Todd won't go to that sort of thing. i told him he has as much personality as Times New Roman but he didnt get it.

the other day my he asked me how i'm so good with women and I told him its cuz i know what they want. He said what, and i said a dress with pockets, and he said "i don't get it" and i said that's why u alone, homey

swarfrat said:
Covid ain't the only thing that can kill ya.

what r u implying?

alexreinhold said:
BroccoliRob said:
i told him he has as much personality as Times New Roman but he didnt get it.

There were darker times when I considered myself Wingdings 3.

NICE, bro, wingdings owns. It's like emojis before teh internet existed. like ASCII on ACID lmao

BroccoliRob said:
NICE, bro, wingdings owns. It's like emojis before teh internet existed. like ASCII on ACID lmao

As I used to say, Wingdings ain't a font, it's a lifestyle.

BroccoliRob said:
heck yeah my dude. drag shows are a HOOT! i'm vaxxed, waxed, and ready 4 action, but my friend Todd won't go to that sort of thing. i told him he has as much personality as Times New Roman but he didnt get it.

the other day my he asked me how i'm so good with women and I told him its cuz i know what they want. He said what, and i said a dress with pockets, and he said "i don't get it" and i said that's why u alone, homey

I swear that you are here just to try out your new material on us  :)

I'm going to try 'a dress with pockets' on my hunny later.  I'll let you know how THAT goes....

Hey I just saw my buddy Bill's band play at the Rainbow here in town.  You needed proof of vaccination to get in, and if you got up from your chair you needed to have your mask on, but other than that it was a regular gig.  The place was packed.

The best thing was Bill was using a Mayfly BC30 that I made about 20 years ago (it's the red one):

index.php

He was playing an ES335 and sounded GREAT!  I'm sure the amp helped...

Attachments

• MayflyAtRainbow.jpg
    MayflyAtRainbow.jpg
    762.2 KB · Views: 183
I got out last night to see Grace Pettis, went in to club passim and stayed overnight I'm Cambridge with a friend, because tired and beer. Her friend Natalie Price did a strong opening set as well

Grace is an amazing performer, really knows how to pitch her strong vocals to the mic /PA. In addition to hearing wonderful singer share feminist themes and material she's written through pandemic. I recommend her highly, she's also no slouch in strong guitar skills and well written music! I really dug both performers, as well as something like a normal evening out. (masks still required at the venue, as well as vaccination & booster)

Our area has elevated cases now, thanks to BA2, and fortunately, most venues are taking precautions.

Also, I had the pleasure of perving on Grace's beautiful guitar, a Moonstone GA body that she was gifted by the luthier.

Attachments

• PXL_20220415_015015489~2.jpg
    PXL_20220415_015015489~2.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 34
Sadie-f said:
We went to Halloween themed burlesque last night, OMG so much fun! So many beautiful women (plenty of different pronouns on the stage). There were some astounding drag kings, especially in the final number.

The venue is masks required when not eating / drinking and and vaccination required for entry so it felt safe, the burlesque troupe was super elated, their first live performance in 2 years .. I think it's hard for exhibitionists to get their thrills va zoom.

Oh will you look at that! Just look at it! Someone went to a tavern!

Back