Get Out of Here

wolbai

Get Out of Here – Music & Lyrics by wolbai

Life has granted me again with more spare time to write songs and to do recordings at the end of this year.

This song is not a guitar instrumental as usual. It is a vocal song.
Since I am actually not a singer, the development of the song was a hard nut to crack.
It took quite a while to find a good melody line and to record it in proper way.

The song “Spooky” from Atlanta Rhythm Section (ARS) was one of my inspirations for parts of the song. Great Band from the seventies. As far as I can see, they still release records on a regular base.

The song has a quite intentional melancholic mood in the light of the seventies/eighties which are the music decades where I grow up.

I therefore started the guitar lead part of the song with a Peter Green lick; honestly I am not 100% sure whether it’s from him or another player. At least: it’s not from me  :icon_biggrin:

Let the echoes of the seventies run through my veins - have fun while watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1vHs7cwsKc&feature=youtu.be

I appreciate your feedback - wolbai

In the initial song arrangement, I had a Fender Rhodes Keyboard solo part in my mind.

As I am a lousy keyboard player I asked my former band mate Lutz to contribute with some tasty keyboard lines.
He agreed. Unfortunately, he was very busy in the last two weeks, so I was not sure, if and when he could come up with his input. So I decided to do a short version first.

Last night he sent me his material and this is now the "Extended keyboard version" of the song.
May be you like it ...

I have absorbed a lot of Fender Rhodes sounds in the seventies and eighties and still in love with it.

Have fun while watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlXDrfz-6Zw

I appreciate your feedback - wolbai.

"You better take it slow in the snow!"

"I wish I had a time machine to bring you back to better days"

Catchy  :hello2:

@Dustycat

YEP - a catchy melody & text was my intension for the song. Mission completed - Thanks  :icon_thumright:

Wow, very impressive. I think you have a talent for writing classic rock hits. The lick is from "All Your Love" I remember hearing Gary Moore play it, but he of course was a huge Peter Green fan. Definitely hear the ARS influence. Well done sir!

Nicely done! I can hear the ARS & Gary Moore influences in there as well.

Also, you could be a stand-in for Stephen King  :icon_biggrin:

Atlanta Rhythm Section. Most famous tune is probably "Spooky"...

[youtube]cMAo0m4E4Lc[/youtube]

Thanks Cagey, thats who I was thinking of. I havent heard anyone mention them for a good while. Probably more known in the US than the UK.

Damn that's awesome! That slide guitar intro is amazing... Sounds awesome

Hi folks,

haven't been here for a while, because my spare time has quickly dissolved into thin air, so to speak  :icon_biggrin:

I appreciate all your well meaning feedback. Comments like yours is why we all do these crazy things  :headbang:

Although pretty busy business wise, I am working on a new song - stay exited.

Regards wolbai

Hi Steve,

thanks for your feedback :icon_thumright:
Listened to some songs on your website: great musical work - impressive.

Regards, wolbai

Back